BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis made a comment late last week suggesting that he would like to reopen some schools in some places in May. As we reported today on BocaNewsNow.com TV, we’ve received lots of contact from parents who wanted to know if Palm Beach County Schools would reopen in May. While we won’t print the full list of words used to describe a potential reopening, we’ll share three that were most commonly used: “stupid, scary, dumb.”
While we never say “never,” all indications are that Palm Beach County Schools will remain closed through the end of the school year. As we’ve previously reported, school nurses were instructed to tell parents to pick up any medications in their children’s school, and the district-wide after care program — which includes after school clubs — was instructed to ask parents if they wanted refunds of money on account or if they’d like it carried over to the next school year. Simply put: these are all indications that there is no expecation that students will return to classrooms in the 2019-2020 school year.
There has been no official statement from the Palm Beach County School District.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form