BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis made a comment late last week suggesting that he would like to reopen some schools in some places in May. As we reported today on BocaNewsNow.com TV, we’ve received lots of contact from parents who wanted to know if Palm Beach County Schools would reopen in May. While we won’t print the full list of words used to describe a potential reopening, we’ll share three that were most commonly used: “stupid, scary, dumb.”
While we never say “never,” all indications are that Palm Beach County Schools will remain closed through the end of the school year. As we’ve previously reported, school nurses were instructed to tell parents to pick up any medications in their children’s school, and the district-wide after care program — which includes after school clubs — was instructed to ask parents if they wanted refunds of money on account or if they’d like it carried over to the next school year. Simply put: these are all indications that there is no expecation that students will return to classrooms in the 2019-2020 school year.
There has been no official statement from the Palm Beach County School District.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose