BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis made a comment late last week suggesting that he would like to reopen some schools in some places in May. As we reported today on BocaNewsNow.com TV, we’ve received lots of contact from parents who wanted to know if Palm Beach County Schools would reopen in May. While we won’t print the full list of words used to describe a potential reopening, we’ll share three that were most commonly used: “stupid, scary, dumb.”
While we never say “never,” all indications are that Palm Beach County Schools will remain closed through the end of the school year. As we’ve previously reported, school nurses were instructed to tell parents to pick up any medications in their children’s school, and the district-wide after care program — which includes after school clubs — was instructed to ask parents if they wanted refunds of money on account or if they’d like it carried over to the next school year. Simply put: these are all indications that there is no expecation that students will return to classrooms in the 2019-2020 school year.
There has been no official statement from the Palm Beach County School District.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Expect New Tropical Storm To Form Today