DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Telephone screeners setting appointments for the South Palm Beach County COVID-19 testing center at the South Palm Beach County Civic Center are now asking new questions — and they may lead to more people being eligible for free testing.
Here are the symptoms:
- Fever and respiratory illness (such as cough, shortness of breath, runny nose)
- Fever and gastrointestinal illness (such as diarrhea, vomiting)
These symptoms are a bit more generic than the original list. The goal seems to be increasing the number of people eligible for testing. Anyone who seeks testing must still all 561-804-0250. You will be screened for these symptoms on the phone. An appointment may then be assigned.
There have been more than 1000 tests administered at the South Palm Beach County Civic Center site. On Tuesday, 181 tests were given. Thee are still appointments available for Wednesday and the rest of the week.
The South Palm Beach County site is overseen by Cleveland Clinic. The West Palm Beach site, overseen by Palm Beach County, is not accepting new appointments until further notice. That site has run out of test kits.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance