DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Telephone screeners setting appointments for the South Palm Beach County COVID-19 testing center at the South Palm Beach County Civic Center are now asking new questions — and they may lead to more people being eligible for free testing.
Here are the symptoms:
- Fever and respiratory illness (such as cough, shortness of breath, runny nose)
- Fever and gastrointestinal illness (such as diarrhea, vomiting)
These symptoms are a bit more generic than the original list. The goal seems to be increasing the number of people eligible for testing. Anyone who seeks testing must still all 561-804-0250. You will be screened for these symptoms on the phone. An appointment may then be assigned.
There have been more than 1000 tests administered at the South Palm Beach County Civic Center site. On Tuesday, 181 tests were given. Thee are still appointments available for Wednesday and the rest of the week.
The South Palm Beach County site is overseen by Cleveland Clinic. The West Palm Beach site, overseen by Palm Beach County, is not accepting new appointments until further notice. That site has run out of test kits.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected