BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is expected to make what his office is promoting as a “major” announcement this afternoon (Saturday) at 4:30 p.m.
The scheduling of this announcements comes less than a day after beaches in Duval County — Jacksonville — were opened, while leaders in South Florida — including Palm Beach County, Broward and Miami-Dade — agreed to remain in “Lock Step” when it comes to reopening the region. With COVID-19 cases still on the rise, there was no indication from the South Florida leaders that a relaxing of restrictions would come anytime soon.
We will update as soon as we hear DeSantis’ “major announcement.” We note, DeSantis has been somewhat of a lap dog for President Trump — DeSantis refused to issue far reaching orders or beach closures. He is now accused of attempting to stop preventing public access to COVID-19 data in the state.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Jumps
- Boca’s Anthony Centolella Charged With Grand Theft, Escape
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch