BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is expected to make what his office is promoting as a “major” announcement this afternoon (Saturday) at 4:30 p.m.
The scheduling of this announcements comes less than a day after beaches in Duval County — Jacksonville — were opened, while leaders in South Florida — including Palm Beach County, Broward and Miami-Dade — agreed to remain in “Lock Step” when it comes to reopening the region. With COVID-19 cases still on the rise, there was no indication from the South Florida leaders that a relaxing of restrictions would come anytime soon.
We will update as soon as we hear DeSantis’ “major announcement.” We note, DeSantis has been somewhat of a lap dog for President Trump — DeSantis refused to issue far reaching orders or beach closures. He is now accused of attempting to stop preventing public access to COVID-19 data in the state.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again