BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is expected to make what his office is promoting as a “major” announcement this afternoon (Saturday) at 4:30 p.m.
The scheduling of this announcements comes less than a day after beaches in Duval County — Jacksonville — were opened, while leaders in South Florida — including Palm Beach County, Broward and Miami-Dade — agreed to remain in “Lock Step” when it comes to reopening the region. With COVID-19 cases still on the rise, there was no indication from the South Florida leaders that a relaxing of restrictions would come anytime soon.
We will update as soon as we hear DeSantis’ “major announcement.” We note, DeSantis has been somewhat of a lap dog for President Trump — DeSantis refused to issue far reaching orders or beach closures. He is now accused of attempting to stop preventing public access to COVID-19 data in the state.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Ten Year Old Boy Missing, Public Asked For Help
- Masks No Longer Required In Most Palm Beach County Buildings
- School Board Issues Strict Meeting Rules, Threatens Arrest
- Boca Raton Family Terrified When Man With Gun Won’t Leave Home
- COVID Captivity Case Kinda Kicked, But Palmetto Place Not In Clear
- Warning Issued: Uncle Louis G’s Ice Cream Boca
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars