BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is expected to make what his office is promoting as a “major” announcement this afternoon (Saturday) at 4:30 p.m.
The scheduling of this announcements comes less than a day after beaches in Duval County — Jacksonville — were opened, while leaders in South Florida — including Palm Beach County, Broward and Miami-Dade — agreed to remain in “Lock Step” when it comes to reopening the region. With COVID-19 cases still on the rise, there was no indication from the South Florida leaders that a relaxing of restrictions would come anytime soon.
We will update as soon as we hear DeSantis’ “major announcement.” We note, DeSantis has been somewhat of a lap dog for President Trump — DeSantis refused to issue far reaching orders or beach closures. He is now accused of attempting to stop preventing public access to COVID-19 data in the state.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School