BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Duval County in Florida has reopened beaches and started to relax restrictions while the Florida death count rises to 726, the hospitalization count rises to 3,649 and the statewide COVID-19 infection total soars past 24,743.
Duval County includes Jacksonville.
The first wave of Saturday numbers from the Florida Department of Health reflects what we’ve been reporting for several days — a complete lack of consistency with the count of “new” infections — the most important metric when determining whether or not restrictions should be eased.
After a low of “new” reported cases on April 14th — with 610 — April 15th brought 937, April 16th brought 1,200 new cases, while Friday — April 17th — brought 869. There has been NO consistent decline in new cases since numbers were released. Health department guidelines call for two weeks of consistently declining numbers.
On Friday, Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner said he is in “lock step” with leaders from Broward County and Miami-Dade County that restrictions will not be eased until they can be eased simultaneously in all three counties.
There are at least 2,088 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Palm Beach County.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 327 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 271 in Delray Beach, 271 in Boynton Beach as of early Saturday morning. The Palm Beach County infection count is now at least 2125
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed
- DEAD ROACHES FOUND IN BOCA RATON RESTAURANT
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students
- Boca Raton Mobile Home Destroyed Overnight In Blaze
- SWIMMING? These Area Pools Are Unsatisfactory, Says Health Dept.
- RESTRAINING DISABLED CHILDREN: PB Schools Set To Adopt Policy In Days
- TRAFFIC AHEAD: Expect Delays, Road Closures This Week In Palm Beach County