BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It may mean nothing or it may be dim light at the end of a long tunnel. The day-to-day “new” infection case count in Florida, as we have been reporting, has been all over the place. But the drop between new cases logged on Friday and new cases logged on Saturday is significant.
There were approximately 1,100 new cases reported on Friday, April 17th, 2020. On Saturday, the new case count dropped to 509. While we have seen one day significant drops, we have not seen a drop like this. The question becomes whether todays new cases (to be released on Monday) spike back up, or if this could be the start of a trend.
As we remind our readers: the most important metric in reopening Florida is a two week decline in new cases. There has not been a significant two day decline over the course of COVID-19 tracking in the state.
Statewide, there are now there are now 25,492 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count is 748.
In Palm Beach County, there are at least 2,138 confirmed cases, with 114 deaths.
The confirmed case count in Boca Raton is at least 334, it’s 278 in Delray Beach and 274 in Boynton Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Kyle Ewart Guilty, Possessed Child Images
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash