BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It may mean nothing or it may be dim light at the end of a long tunnel. The day-to-day “new” infection case count in Florida, as we have been reporting, has been all over the place. But the drop between new cases logged on Friday and new cases logged on Saturday is significant.
There were approximately 1,100 new cases reported on Friday, April 17th, 2020. On Saturday, the new case count dropped to 509. While we have seen one day significant drops, we have not seen a drop like this. The question becomes whether todays new cases (to be released on Monday) spike back up, or if this could be the start of a trend.
As we remind our readers: the most important metric in reopening Florida is a two week decline in new cases. There has not been a significant two day decline over the course of COVID-19 tracking in the state.
Statewide, there are now there are now 25,492 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count is 748.
In Palm Beach County, there are at least 2,138 confirmed cases, with 114 deaths.
The confirmed case count in Boca Raton is at least 334, it’s 278 in Delray Beach and 274 in Boynton Beach.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High