BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of infections and deaths in Florida is up, and the decline in new cases isn’t as great as reported in the day’s the first numbers.
There are now 26,660 total cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is now 789. At least 3,842 people in the state have been — or are — hospitalized.
Of note: the decline in new cases that was first reported this morning isn’t as great as it was There were 765 new cases logged on Saturday — 744 new cases were logged on Sunday. The health department reported a greater decline earlier in the day.
The “new case” metric is the most important metric in determining when Florida reopens. The 21-case drop is virtually non-existent in a state with 26,660 infected people.
In Palm Beach County, there are now 2,209 total cases. The death count is 121. As of Monday afternoon, there are at least 350 confirmed cases. In Delray Beach, it’s 286. Boynton is now up to 290.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell
- Complete Closure Of Glades Road and I-95 Set For Entire Weekend
- Valencia Bay Homeowner Sues G.L. Homes For Unsafe Garage
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash On I-95 Slowing Traffic In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Drives On Sidewalk Near Super 8 Motel, Arrested
- GUNFIRE LEADS TO MURDER ON MILITARY TRAIL
- Girl Hits Wall Driving Go-Kart At Boomers Boca, Parent Sues For $50,000
- Cops Investigate Fatal Shooting
- DISCRIMINATION? Fort Lauderdale Blocks Handicapped From Bathroom