BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of infections and deaths in Florida is up, and the decline in new cases isn’t as great as reported in the day’s the first numbers.
There are now 26,660 total cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is now 789. At least 3,842 people in the state have been — or are — hospitalized.
Of note: the decline in new cases that was first reported this morning isn’t as great as it was There were 765 new cases logged on Saturday — 744 new cases were logged on Sunday. The health department reported a greater decline earlier in the day.
The “new case” metric is the most important metric in determining when Florida reopens. The 21-case drop is virtually non-existent in a state with 26,660 infected people.
In Palm Beach County, there are now 2,209 total cases. The death count is 121. As of Monday afternoon, there are at least 350 confirmed cases. In Delray Beach, it’s 286. Boynton is now up to 290.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Ten Year Old Boy Missing, Public Asked For Help
- Masks No Longer Required In Most Palm Beach County Buildings
- School Board Issues Strict Meeting Rules, Threatens Arrest
- Boca Raton Family Terrified When Man With Gun Won’t Leave Home
- COVID Captivity Case Kinda Kicked, But Palmetto Place Not In Clear
- Warning Issued: Uncle Louis G’s Ice Cream Boca
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars