BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of infections and deaths in Florida is up, and the decline in new cases isn’t as great as reported in the day’s the first numbers.
There are now 26,660 total cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is now 789. At least 3,842 people in the state have been — or are — hospitalized.
Of note: the decline in new cases that was first reported this morning isn’t as great as it was There were 765 new cases logged on Saturday — 744 new cases were logged on Sunday. The health department reported a greater decline earlier in the day.
The “new case” metric is the most important metric in determining when Florida reopens. The 21-case drop is virtually non-existent in a state with 26,660 infected people.
In Palm Beach County, there are now 2,209 total cases. The death count is 121. As of Monday afternoon, there are at least 350 confirmed cases. In Delray Beach, it’s 286. Boynton is now up to 290.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges