BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 27,058 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida. There are — or have been — at least 4,000 hospitalizations and at least 823 deaths. These are the first statewide numbers for Tuesday, April 21, 2020.
The “new” case count does seem to be dropping, however, although we caution that number seems to change during the day. As of 6 a.m. Tuesday, the number of new cases logged on Monday is 586. On Sunday it was 738, on Saturday the number of new cases logged was 765. On Friday, 1100 new cases were logged. While these numbers definitely suggest a continued decrease, we noticed Monday that numbers from the day before tend to be altered later in the afternoon. We’ll know later today if there really is a multi-day decline.
In Palm Beach County, the case count is now 2,260. The death count is 122. At least 369 people are — or have been — hospitalized.
In Boca Raton, at least 358 people have tested positive, it’s 287 in Delray Beach and 296 in Boynton Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks