BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 27,058 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida. There are — or have been — at least 4,000 hospitalizations and at least 823 deaths. These are the first statewide numbers for Tuesday, April 21, 2020.
The “new” case count does seem to be dropping, however, although we caution that number seems to change during the day. As of 6 a.m. Tuesday, the number of new cases logged on Monday is 586. On Sunday it was 738, on Saturday the number of new cases logged was 765. On Friday, 1100 new cases were logged. While these numbers definitely suggest a continued decrease, we noticed Monday that numbers from the day before tend to be altered later in the afternoon. We’ll know later today if there really is a multi-day decline.
In Palm Beach County, the case count is now 2,260. The death count is 122. At least 369 people are — or have been — hospitalized.
In Boca Raton, at least 358 people have tested positive, it’s 287 in Delray Beach and 296 in Boynton Beach.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- HUGE COVID SPIKE IN FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY
- Did Bad Nursing At Bethesda East Hospital Lead To Woman’s Death?
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center