BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 27,058 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida. There are — or have been — at least 4,000 hospitalizations and at least 823 deaths. These are the first statewide numbers for Tuesday, April 21, 2020.
The “new” case count does seem to be dropping, however, although we caution that number seems to change during the day. As of 6 a.m. Tuesday, the number of new cases logged on Monday is 586. On Sunday it was 738, on Saturday the number of new cases logged was 765. On Friday, 1100 new cases were logged. While these numbers definitely suggest a continued decrease, we noticed Monday that numbers from the day before tend to be altered later in the afternoon. We’ll know later today if there really is a multi-day decline.
In Palm Beach County, the case count is now 2,260. The death count is 122. At least 369 people are — or have been — hospitalized.
In Boca Raton, at least 358 people have tested positive, it’s 287 in Delray Beach and 296 in Boynton Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…
- Daniel Porush, “Wolf Of Boca Raton,” Jailed On DUI Charge