BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 27,058 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida. There are — or have been — at least 4,000 hospitalizations and at least 823 deaths. These are the first statewide numbers for Tuesday, April 21, 2020.
The “new” case count does seem to be dropping, however, although we caution that number seems to change during the day. As of 6 a.m. Tuesday, the number of new cases logged on Monday is 586. On Sunday it was 738, on Saturday the number of new cases logged was 765. On Friday, 1100 new cases were logged. While these numbers definitely suggest a continued decrease, we noticed Monday that numbers from the day before tend to be altered later in the afternoon. We’ll know later today if there really is a multi-day decline.
In Palm Beach County, the case count is now 2,260. The death count is 122. At least 369 people are — or have been — hospitalized.
In Boca Raton, at least 358 people have tested positive, it’s 287 in Delray Beach and 296 in Boynton Beach.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: Man Used University of Florida Students In Massive Fraud
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier