BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The CDC says it wants to see a 14-day decline in new cases before a specific state should reopen. In Florida, any decline lately was shattered with numbers just released.
Officials logged 736 new cases on Sunday, 775 new cases on Monday, and the just-released Tuesday numbers show a whopping 943 new cases. While 736 to 775 is more or less a statistical dead heat, jumping from 775 to 943 is not and suggests that Florida isn’t done with COVID-19 quite yet.
Keep in mind, however, the “new case” count is only as good as the testing taking place. If more tests are given, the number goes up. If fewer tests are conducted, the number goes down.
As of mid-day Wednesday, Florida has logged 28,309 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count is now 893.
In Palm Beach County, 2,403 people have tested positive for COVID-19, 131 have died. There are — or have been — 381 hospitalizations related to Coronavirus.
The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is 56. 1,181 are male, 1160 are female, there’s no data for 7 people.
Looking at race: 309 of those infected in Palm Beach County are identified as black, 872 are identified as white, 170 are “other.” The health department says 997 are “unknown.” 280 people identify as Hispanic, 965 non-Hispanic, 1103 “unknown.”
In Boca Raton as of Wednesday afternoon: 374 have tested positive for COVID-19, 316 in Boynton Beach, 298 in Delray Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…
- Daniel Porush, “Wolf Of Boca Raton,” Jailed On DUI Charge