BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The CDC says it wants to see a 14-day decline in new cases before a specific state should reopen. In Florida, any decline lately was shattered with numbers just released.
Officials logged 736 new cases on Sunday, 775 new cases on Monday, and the just-released Tuesday numbers show a whopping 943 new cases. While 736 to 775 is more or less a statistical dead heat, jumping from 775 to 943 is not and suggests that Florida isn’t done with COVID-19 quite yet.
Keep in mind, however, the “new case” count is only as good as the testing taking place. If more tests are given, the number goes up. If fewer tests are conducted, the number goes down.
As of mid-day Wednesday, Florida has logged 28,309 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count is now 893.
In Palm Beach County, 2,403 people have tested positive for COVID-19, 131 have died. There are — or have been — 381 hospitalizations related to Coronavirus.
The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is 56. 1,181 are male, 1160 are female, there’s no data for 7 people.
Looking at race: 309 of those infected in Palm Beach County are identified as black, 872 are identified as white, 170 are “other.” The health department says 997 are “unknown.” 280 people identify as Hispanic, 965 non-Hispanic, 1103 “unknown.”
In Boca Raton as of Wednesday afternoon: 374 have tested positive for COVID-19, 316 in Boynton Beach, 298 in Delray Beach.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: TURNPIKE CLOSED, Major Crash South Of Glades Road
- Jewish Family Services In Palm Beach County Offers Hurricane Help To Seniors
- UPDATE: Man Killed In Shooting After Crash South Of Boca Raton
- OFFICIAL: Ocean One Grille Delray Has Flying Insect, “Mold-Like Substance” Problem
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach