BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first look at Wednesday numbers shows a continued increase in the number of infections and deaths in Florida and, specifically, Palm Beach County.
The statewide infection count is now at least 27,869 as the death count rises to 867.
In Palm Beach County, there are now 2,320 confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection and 131 deaths.
Hyper-locally, Boca Raton shows a confirmed case count of 366, Delray Beach lists 292 and Boynton Beach is now 306.
As we reported on Tuesday, the multi-day decline in “new” cases came to an end yesterday statewide. The first wave of Wednesday numbers, however, does show a decrease day-to-day for two days. Expect those numbers to be updated later in the day. The good news: the “new case” additions are small — suggesting what we will call a “statistical irrelevance.”
As always, the numbers are only as good as the testing. If fewer people get tested, fewer people have the opportunity to test positive.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Crashes Mercedes Into Honda After Two Martinis
- In Florida, 65 Die From COVID Monday, But Hospitalizations Dropping
- Florida Fish And Wildlife Commission Releases Details Of Weekend Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Orlando Man Dies In Boca Raton I-95 Crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight
- GROUNDED: Airlines Already Cancel 1400 Flights Monday
- FEDS: 68 Died Sunday From COVID In Florida Hospitals, But What’s Real?