BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first look at Wednesday numbers shows a continued increase in the number of infections and deaths in Florida and, specifically, Palm Beach County.
The statewide infection count is now at least 27,869 as the death count rises to 867.
In Palm Beach County, there are now 2,320 confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection and 131 deaths.
Hyper-locally, Boca Raton shows a confirmed case count of 366, Delray Beach lists 292 and Boynton Beach is now 306.
As we reported on Tuesday, the multi-day decline in “new” cases came to an end yesterday statewide. The first wave of Wednesday numbers, however, does show a decrease day-to-day for two days. Expect those numbers to be updated later in the day. The good news: the “new case” additions are small — suggesting what we will call a “statistical irrelevance.”
As always, the numbers are only as good as the testing. If fewer people get tested, fewer people have the opportunity to test positive.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat