BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first look at Wednesday numbers shows a continued increase in the number of infections and deaths in Florida and, specifically, Palm Beach County.
The statewide infection count is now at least 27,869 as the death count rises to 867.
In Palm Beach County, there are now 2,320 confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection and 131 deaths.
Hyper-locally, Boca Raton shows a confirmed case count of 366, Delray Beach lists 292 and Boynton Beach is now 306.
As we reported on Tuesday, the multi-day decline in “new” cases came to an end yesterday statewide. The first wave of Wednesday numbers, however, does show a decrease day-to-day for two days. Expect those numbers to be updated later in the day. The good news: the “new case” additions are small — suggesting what we will call a “statistical irrelevance.”
As always, the numbers are only as good as the testing. If fewer people get tested, fewer people have the opportunity to test positive.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Jumps
- Boca’s Anthony Centolella Charged With Grand Theft, Escape
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch