BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The big drop we reported based on the first wave of Thursday numbers isn’t actually so big. While the updated mid-day numbers reflect a decline in new cases, the decline by 172 isn’t quite the several hundred case drop we reported earlier today.
As we cautioned in our first report, the “day before” numbers are often updated mid day — that’s what happened here.
The total number of infected people in Florida is now 28,832. The death count is 960. At least 4,509 people have been hospitalized.
In Palm Beach County, at least 2,468 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 143. The median age of those infected is 56.
By gender: 1215 identify as male, 1197 identify as female, 1 person is unidentified.
By race: 310 identify as black, 889 as white, 170 as “other.” 1,044 people are listed as “unknown/no data.”
By ethnicity: 284 identify as Hispanic, 976 as “not Hispanic,” 1,153 as “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, the infected count is 376, it’s 324 in Boynton and 302 in Delray Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge