BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The big drop we reported based on the first wave of Thursday numbers isn’t actually so big. While the updated mid-day numbers reflect a decline in new cases, the decline by 172 isn’t quite the several hundred case drop we reported earlier today.
As we cautioned in our first report, the “day before” numbers are often updated mid day — that’s what happened here.
The total number of infected people in Florida is now 28,832. The death count is 960. At least 4,509 people have been hospitalized.
In Palm Beach County, at least 2,468 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 143. The median age of those infected is 56.
By gender: 1215 identify as male, 1197 identify as female, 1 person is unidentified.
By race: 310 identify as black, 889 as white, 170 as “other.” 1,044 people are listed as “unknown/no data.”
By ethnicity: 284 identify as Hispanic, 976 as “not Hispanic,” 1,153 as “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, the infected count is 376, it’s 324 in Boynton and 302 in Delray Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks
- Settlement Talks Underway In $7M Suit Against Seven Bridges Delray HOA
- These Stations Do Not Have Gas In Delray Beach, Boca Raton
- Bruised Man Arrested on Drug, Battery Charges At Delray Beach Food Hall
- Walk-Up Pfizer COVID Shots Available To 12-15 Age Group In Palm Beach County