BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first edition of Friday numbers shows two milestones will likely be hit during the day. There are now at least 29,648 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is 987. Unless today is a complete anomaly, the 987 will exceed 1000 and the 29,648 will exceed 30,000 at some point Friday.
Also notable: the first report of “new” cases from Thursday shows just a minor decrease from Wednesday. That is also a number that tends to grow during the day, suggesting there is still no consistent decline in new cases. As of 6 a.m., there were 912 new cases on Wednesday and 889 on Thursday. We note that Wednesday’s “new” case count grew by several hundred between 6 a.m. and 1 p.m. Thursday as health officials continued to tabulate the “day before” numbers.
In Palm Beach County, there are at least 2,554 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 144 deaths. Of those infected, 1,260 identify as male, 1,237 as female. One person is unaccounted for. By race, 315 identify as black, 902 as white, 171 are “other” and 1,110 are “unknown/no data.”
By ethnicity: 289 identify as “Hispanic,” 988 as “non-Hispanic,” the “no data” category include 1,221.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 393 confirmed cases of COVID-19, there are 307 in Delray Beach and 330 in Boynton Beach.
Check back throughout the day for the latest updates.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School