BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first edition of Friday numbers shows two milestones will likely be hit during the day. There are now at least 29,648 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is 987. Unless today is a complete anomaly, the 987 will exceed 1000 and the 29,648 will exceed 30,000 at some point Friday.
Also notable: the first report of “new” cases from Thursday shows just a minor decrease from Wednesday. That is also a number that tends to grow during the day, suggesting there is still no consistent decline in new cases. As of 6 a.m., there were 912 new cases on Wednesday and 889 on Thursday. We note that Wednesday’s “new” case count grew by several hundred between 6 a.m. and 1 p.m. Thursday as health officials continued to tabulate the “day before” numbers.
In Palm Beach County, there are at least 2,554 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 144 deaths. Of those infected, 1,260 identify as male, 1,237 as female. One person is unaccounted for. By race, 315 identify as black, 902 as white, 171 are “other” and 1,110 are “unknown/no data.”
By ethnicity: 289 identify as “Hispanic,” 988 as “non-Hispanic,” the “no data” category include 1,221.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 393 confirmed cases of COVID-19, there are 307 in Delray Beach and 330 in Boynton Beach.
Check back throughout the day for the latest updates.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER
- Memorial Day Ceremony Set For South Florida National Cemetery
- POLICE: Delray Beach Man Attacks Dog, Beats With Stick, Cuts
- HURRICANE: NOAA Says ”Above Average” Season Just Days Away
- DRAMA: Woman Says Cinemark Boca Raton Seats Are Dangerous, Sues
- ALERT: TURNPIKE CLOSED, Major Crash South Of Glades Road