BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first edition of Friday numbers shows two milestones will likely be hit during the day. There are now at least 29,648 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is 987. Unless today is a complete anomaly, the 987 will exceed 1000 and the 29,648 will exceed 30,000 at some point Friday.
Also notable: the first report of “new” cases from Thursday shows just a minor decrease from Wednesday. That is also a number that tends to grow during the day, suggesting there is still no consistent decline in new cases. As of 6 a.m., there were 912 new cases on Wednesday and 889 on Thursday. We note that Wednesday’s “new” case count grew by several hundred between 6 a.m. and 1 p.m. Thursday as health officials continued to tabulate the “day before” numbers.
In Palm Beach County, there are at least 2,554 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 144 deaths. Of those infected, 1,260 identify as male, 1,237 as female. One person is unaccounted for. By race, 315 identify as black, 902 as white, 171 are “other” and 1,110 are “unknown/no data.”
By ethnicity: 289 identify as “Hispanic,” 988 as “non-Hispanic,” the “no data” category include 1,221.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 393 confirmed cases of COVID-19, there are 307 in Delray Beach and 330 in Boynton Beach.
Check back throughout the day for the latest updates.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High