BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 1,300 NEW cases of COVID-19 were logged in Florida on Thursday, marking a huge increase from the day before and shattering any trend lately suggesting a decline of COVID-19 cases in the state.
There were just 733 new cases logged on Thursday.
As of mid-day Friday, Florida had a total of at least 30,174 cases with 1,012 deaths. More than 4,699 people are — or have been — hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19 related issues.
The Friday numbers seem to counter the narrative that things are getting better in Florida.
Governor Ron DeSantis ordered his reopening committee to submit a report to him Friday outlining a “moving forward” plan. The 1300 new cases suggests Florida is stalled.
In Palm Beach County, there are now at least 2,586 cases with 149 deaths. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is 56.
In Boca Raton, there are now at least 401 confirmed cases, 333 in Boynton Beach and 308 in Delray Beach.
[Ed.Note: Thanks to an attentive reader, the Florida Department of Health is reporting at least two sets of numbers. The graph above is showing a 1300 case increase based on the pop-up that someone manually programmed. This is as of 3:30 p.m. Friday. An earlier report released by the DOH at 10 a.m. Friday revealed 1261 new cases. Our experience watching these numbers is that they tend to move up during the day, but in the interest of accuracy, note the changing competing numbers released from the Florida DOH].
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”