BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least 1,300 NEW cases of COVID-19 were logged in Florida on Thursday, marking a huge increase from the day before and shattering any trend lately suggesting a decline of COVID-19 cases in the state.
There were just 733 new cases logged on Thursday.
As of mid-day Friday, Florida had a total of at least 30,174 cases with 1,012 deaths. More than 4,699 people are — or have been — hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19 related issues.
The Friday numbers seem to counter the narrative that things are getting better in Florida.
Governor Ron DeSantis ordered his reopening committee to submit a report to him Friday outlining a “moving forward” plan. The 1300 new cases suggests Florida is stalled.
In Palm Beach County, there are now at least 2,586 cases with 149 deaths. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is 56.
In Boca Raton, there are now at least 401 confirmed cases, 333 in Boynton Beach and 308 in Delray Beach.
[Ed.Note: Thanks to an attentive reader, the Florida Department of Health is reporting at least two sets of numbers. The graph above is showing a 1300 case increase based on the pop-up that someone manually programmed. This is as of 3:30 p.m. Friday. An earlier report released by the DOH at 10 a.m. Friday revealed 1261 new cases. Our experience watching these numbers is that they tend to move up during the day, but in the interest of accuracy, note the changing competing numbers released from the Florida DOH].
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach