BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first morning update from the Florida Department of Health shows at least 30,533 cases in the State of Florida with 1,046 deaths. At least 4,817 are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues.
In Palm Beach County, at least 2,600 COVID-19 cases have been logged. The death count has risen to 155. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is now 56.
By gender: 1282 are male, 1,258 are female, there is “no data” for one of those infected.
By race: 326 of those infected in Palm Beach County identify as black, 919 as white, 181 as other. The “unknown” category lists 1,116.
Looking at ethnicity: 307 identify as Hispanic, 1010 as “not-Hispanic,” 1,225 as “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, the infected count is 400. in Delray Beach it’s 311, in Boynton Beach the infected count is 337.
We expect a new batch of numbers Saturday afternoon — check back for the latest.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks