BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first morning update from the Florida Department of Health shows at least 30,533 cases in the State of Florida with 1,046 deaths. At least 4,817 are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues.
In Palm Beach County, at least 2,600 COVID-19 cases have been logged. The death count has risen to 155. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is now 56.
By gender: 1282 are male, 1,258 are female, there is “no data” for one of those infected.
By race: 326 of those infected in Palm Beach County identify as black, 919 as white, 181 as other. The “unknown” category lists 1,116.
Looking at ethnicity: 307 identify as Hispanic, 1010 as “not-Hispanic,” 1,225 as “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, the infected count is 400. in Delray Beach it’s 311, in Boynton Beach the infected count is 337.
We expect a new batch of numbers Saturday afternoon — check back for the latest.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER