BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We warned this morning (Sunday, April 26) that the first numbers report showing a dramatic decrease in new Florida COVID-19 cases may be short lived and it was. The updated numbers, just released by the Florida Department of Health, show an INCREASE on Saturday from the day before.
On Saturday, there were at least 830 new cases of COVID-19. On Friday, the number was 778.
As we constantly report, a small increase or decrease is statistically insignificant, but it does show that we are nowhere near the 14-day-decline that the CDC says should be used as an indicator that reopening is acceptable.
As of mid-day Sunday, there were at least 31,528 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 1,074 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, at least 2,697 cases of COVID-19 have been logged with 155 deaths.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street