BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first numbers released Monday by Florida health officials shows a total infected count in Florida of more than 32,000. The number: 32,138 as of 10:45 a.m. The death count is now 1,088. At least 5,010 are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues.
The “new case” count which — as we always report — is only as good as the number of tests being performed, shows 535 new cases reported on Sunday. This statistic tends to be updated later in the day, so check back to see Sunday’s final number late Monday afternoon. The Sunday number — at this point — does show a decline from Saturday.
In Palm Beach County, the infected count is 2673 with 156 deaths. The media age of those infected in Palm Beach County remains 56. The male-female split is almost even, with 1,366 people identifying as male, 1,338 identifying as female, and one person not providing this information.
By race, 345 identify as black, 978 as white, 199 as “other” and 1,183 as “unknown/no data.”
By ethnicity: 337 identify as Hispanic, 1070 as “non Hispanic,” and 1,298 as “no data.”
In Boca Raton, the COVID-19 count is 411, it’s 349 in Boynton and 321 in Delray Beach.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID FLORIDA: State Adds Another 7179 Cases In One Day, Positivity Climbs
- REMINDER: No School Friday In Palm Beach County School District
- GETTING SICKER: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Rising
- Child Attacked At School, Palm Beach County School Board Sued
- PROSECUTORS: Killed Palm Beach County Fire Captain Was Drug Dealer
- Boca Raton’s Richard Marcic Charged With Battery On Officer
- COVID PALM BEACH COUNTY: Hospital Count Rising
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach: Temps in 50s Coming
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Systems Appear To Be Moving Away From U.S. Mainland