BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com is fielding calls and emails now from Palm Beach County residents saying that boaters are already violating the “relaxing” of restrictions — a relaxation that doesn’t even start until Wednesday. While violations appear to few on Lake Boca, there are apparently issues across the county.
Under the guidelines that take effect 12:01 Wednesday morning, recreational boating resumes but there are major restrictions and rules.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, potentially aware of the alleged violations being observed by area residents, just re-issued this “reminder” of the rules that must be followed.
Marine Activities that are PROHIBITED per Emergency Order 2020-005
ALL SANDBARS, ISLANDS and SHORELINES are CLOSED… NO ANCHORING
To include Peanut Island, Munyon Islands, Beer Can Island and Jupiter Sandbars.
NO Rafting or Flotillas of tying or roping of boats together. All vessels MUST be 50 feet away from each other.
If vessels anchor in deeper water, they MUST be 50 feet away from each other.
Any Jet Skiers must be SINGLE Riders Only
Any violation or non-compliance can lead up to an Arrest/Civil Fine and your vessel being towed.
These guidelines are in place for the safety of Palm Beach County’s boating community.
County leaders and Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw that unquestionably, just a few violators can “ruin it for everyone” and require a recreation ban to be reestablished.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month