BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people infected with COVID-19 in Florida is now at least 32,846. The death count has risen to at least 1,171. The increased counts come as many parts of the state — including Palm Beach County — prepare to start a gradual easing of restrictions on Wednesday.
In Palm Beach County, the number of people who have tested positive is now 2,877. The death count is 173. At least 423 people are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues.
The male/female split is virtually even. Of those infected in Palm Beach County, 1,418 identify as male, 1,399 identify as female. One person is unidentified, according to health officials.
By race: 356 identify as black, 999 identify as white, 198 as “other.” The data is “unknown” for 1,382 people — that’s 49 percent of those who tested positive.
By ethnicity: 342 identify as Hispanic, 1,094 as “not Hispanic,” the unknown column for ethnicity is 1,382 — also 49 percent.
In Boca Raton, the latest numbers show at least 432 have tested positive, it’s 327 in Delray Beach, and 359 in Boynton Beach.
As we always like to point out: ALL numbers are only as valid as the number of tests being administered.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent