BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people infected with COVID-19 in Florida is now at least 32,846. The death count has risen to at least 1,171. The increased counts come as many parts of the state — including Palm Beach County — prepare to start a gradual easing of restrictions on Wednesday.
In Palm Beach County, the number of people who have tested positive is now 2,877. The death count is 173. At least 423 people are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues.
The male/female split is virtually even. Of those infected in Palm Beach County, 1,418 identify as male, 1,399 identify as female. One person is unidentified, according to health officials.
By race: 356 identify as black, 999 identify as white, 198 as “other.” The data is “unknown” for 1,382 people — that’s 49 percent of those who tested positive.
By ethnicity: 342 identify as Hispanic, 1,094 as “not Hispanic,” the unknown column for ethnicity is 1,382 — also 49 percent.
In Boca Raton, the latest numbers show at least 432 have tested positive, it’s 327 in Delray Beach, and 359 in Boynton Beach.
As we always like to point out: ALL numbers are only as valid as the number of tests being administered.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER
- Memorial Day Ceremony Set For South Florida National Cemetery
- POLICE: Delray Beach Man Attacks Dog, Beats With Stick, Cuts
- HURRICANE: NOAA Says ”Above Average” Season Just Days Away
- DRAMA: Woman Says Cinemark Boca Raton Seats Are Dangerous, Sues
- ALERT: TURNPIKE CLOSED, Major Crash South Of Glades Road