BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people infected with COVID-19 in Florida is now at least 32,846. The death count has risen to at least 1,171. The increased counts come as many parts of the state — including Palm Beach County — prepare to start a gradual easing of restrictions on Wednesday.
In Palm Beach County, the number of people who have tested positive is now 2,877. The death count is 173. At least 423 people are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues.
The male/female split is virtually even. Of those infected in Palm Beach County, 1,418 identify as male, 1,399 identify as female. One person is unidentified, according to health officials.
By race: 356 identify as black, 999 identify as white, 198 as “other.” The data is “unknown” for 1,382 people — that’s 49 percent of those who tested positive.
By ethnicity: 342 identify as Hispanic, 1,094 as “not Hispanic,” the unknown column for ethnicity is 1,382 — also 49 percent.
In Boca Raton, the latest numbers show at least 432 have tested positive, it’s 327 in Delray Beach, and 359 in Boynton Beach.
As we always like to point out: ALL numbers are only as valid as the number of tests being administered.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected