BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people infected with COVID-19 in Florida is now at least 32,846. The death count has risen to at least 1,171. The increased counts come as many parts of the state — including Palm Beach County — prepare to start a gradual easing of restrictions on Wednesday.
In Palm Beach County, the number of people who have tested positive is now 2,877. The death count is 173. At least 423 people are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues.
The male/female split is virtually even. Of those infected in Palm Beach County, 1,418 identify as male, 1,399 identify as female. One person is unidentified, according to health officials.
By race: 356 identify as black, 999 identify as white, 198 as “other.” The data is “unknown” for 1,382 people — that’s 49 percent of those who tested positive.
By ethnicity: 342 identify as Hispanic, 1,094 as “not Hispanic,” the unknown column for ethnicity is 1,382 — also 49 percent.
In Boca Raton, the latest numbers show at least 432 have tested positive, it’s 327 in Delray Beach, and 359 in Boynton Beach.
As we always like to point out: ALL numbers are only as valid as the number of tests being administered.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BOCA POLICE: Teen Uses Stolen Credit Card But Her Real Address, Is Busted
- New Voting Rules: Palm Beach County Holds Town Hall Meeting Thursday
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Almost In “Green” COVID Zone
- POLICE: Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton
- SILENCE: Emmitt Smith, The Boca Raton Silent On “Go Pink” Controversy
- REVEALED: We Have New Palm Beach School Superintendent’s Salary
- UPDATE: Delray Man Added Police Lights To Explorer, Pulled Over Cars In Boca Raton
- Teen Allegedly Attacked At Boynton Beach High Sues School Board
- Two Teens Missing, Police Seek Tips