BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com took a quick, unscientific poll of area Homeowner’s Associations across Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach.
The vast majority of those we contacted say they plan to move slowly and methodically to reopen pools, tennis courts and clubhouses — with most saying they expect the “reopening” to take several days at a minimum.
“We’ve been closed this long,” said one HOA vice president in Boca Raton. “Another few days for safety won’t hurt anyone. Homeowners are by and large supportive of a brief delay, but there are always those who feel their so called ‘pool and tennis rights’ are more important than safety.”
Overall, our quick poll suggests that HOA’s are leaning towards opening pools and tennis courts first. The majority of those we contacted said tennis courts will open with absolutely no chairs or places to sit, and security guards or extra employees will be hired to monitor social distancing.
“If homeowners violate social distancing,” said a community manager in Boynton, “we’ll shut it down. It’s that simple. There is no latitude here for breaking the CDC’s guidelines.”
As for pools, we’re hearing from several communities that they will remove chairs from pool decks — giving people the ability to swim but not to lounge around.
We did not find one area community that plans to open a clubhouse immediately.
Care to share your community’s plans? Email us at news(at)bocanewsnow.com.
While Palm Beach County’s rules are relaxing effective 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, there is NO mandate that any closed operation immediately reopen. Under the plan, if a country club or community wishes to remain shut, it is allowed to do so.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected