BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County Verbatim) — Palm Beach County Youth Services Department’s Summer Food Service Program, in partnership with the Palm Beach County Library System, are distributing meals at six sites throughout Palm Beach County. Sites will distribute seven days’ worth of meals to each eligible child. Today was the first day of food distribution through Youth Service Department’s pre-summer feeding program and 1,008 meals were served. The next distribution day will be Wednesday at the Belle Glade, Pahokee and South Bay libraries.
Meal distribution will be available on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, or until all meal kits are distributed. Currently, pre-summer feeding sites will distribute food once a week through Wednesday, May 27.
Parents picking up kits without their child present must bring identification for the child. Acceptable forms of identification include student ID, child’s passport or other government-issued ID, birth certificate, adoption decree, immunization records, and school demographics. Meal kits will not be provided to parents who do not bring their child or do not provide proper identification.
Families without transportation may walk up to collect meal kits. Proper COVID-19 safety measures must be practiced by all families, including but not limited to social distancing and wearing facial coverings.
Highridge Family Center, 4200 N. Australian Ave., West Palm Beach
Main Library, 3650 Summit Blvd, West Palm Beach
Greenacres Branch Library, 3750 Jog Road, Greenacres
Belle Glade Branch Library, 725 NW 4th Street, Belle Glade
Loula V. York Branch Library, 525 Bacom Point Rd., Pahokee
Clarence E. Anthony Branch Library, 375 SW 2nd Ave., South Bay
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Expect New Tropical Storm To Form Today