DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Police) — Delray Beach police are searching for the driver involved in a hit and crash that seriously injured a pedestrian.
The crash happened Monday night at 8:15 p.m. at W. Atlantic Avenue and NW 8th Avenue. The pedestrian, Peter Sutton, was crossing Atlantic Avenue when he struck by a pickup truck heading westbound on Atlantic Avenue. The vehicle left before police arrived. Sutton was taken to the hospital and is in serious condition.
A witness on scene described the vehicle as an older model dark blue Ford Pickup truck. Pieces from the vehicle left at the scene suggest it is a (1997-2004) Ford model. The vehicle will have damage on the passenger side headlight and will be missing the passenger side mirror. Investigators are asking the driver to come forward and provide a statement to assist in the crash investigation. Anyone who witnessed the crash or has information about the vehicle or driver is asked to contact Investigator Saraceni 561-243-7800.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break