DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Police) — Delray Beach police are searching for the driver involved in a hit and crash that seriously injured a pedestrian.
The crash happened Monday night at 8:15 p.m. at W. Atlantic Avenue and NW 8th Avenue. The pedestrian, Peter Sutton, was crossing Atlantic Avenue when he struck by a pickup truck heading westbound on Atlantic Avenue. The vehicle left before police arrived. Sutton was taken to the hospital and is in serious condition.
A witness on scene described the vehicle as an older model dark blue Ford Pickup truck. Pieces from the vehicle left at the scene suggest it is a (1997-2004) Ford model. The vehicle will have damage on the passenger side headlight and will be missing the passenger side mirror. Investigators are asking the driver to come forward and provide a statement to assist in the crash investigation. Anyone who witnessed the crash or has information about the vehicle or driver is asked to contact Investigator Saraceni 561-243-7800.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CLOSED: Gas Pipeline Erupts, Detours Near Lake Worth
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID