DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Police) — Delray Beach police are searching for the driver involved in a hit and crash that seriously injured a pedestrian.
The crash happened Monday night at 8:15 p.m. at W. Atlantic Avenue and NW 8th Avenue. The pedestrian, Peter Sutton, was crossing Atlantic Avenue when he struck by a pickup truck heading westbound on Atlantic Avenue. The vehicle left before police arrived. Sutton was taken to the hospital and is in serious condition.
A witness on scene described the vehicle as an older model dark blue Ford Pickup truck. Pieces from the vehicle left at the scene suggest it is a (1997-2004) Ford model. The vehicle will have damage on the passenger side headlight and will be missing the passenger side mirror. Investigators are asking the driver to come forward and provide a statement to assist in the crash investigation. Anyone who witnessed the crash or has information about the vehicle or driver is asked to contact Investigator Saraceni 561-243-7800.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palmetto Place Condo Sued Over Mask Mandate
- CLAIM: Lithium Overdose Caused By Boca Raton Publix
- Delray Beach Woman Sues Boca Kosher Market
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It