DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Police) — Delray Beach police are searching for the driver involved in a hit and crash that seriously injured a pedestrian.
The crash happened Monday night at 8:15 p.m. at W. Atlantic Avenue and NW 8th Avenue. The pedestrian, Peter Sutton, was crossing Atlantic Avenue when he struck by a pickup truck heading westbound on Atlantic Avenue. The vehicle left before police arrived. Sutton was taken to the hospital and is in serious condition.
A witness on scene described the vehicle as an older model dark blue Ford Pickup truck. Pieces from the vehicle left at the scene suggest it is a (1997-2004) Ford model. The vehicle will have damage on the passenger side headlight and will be missing the passenger side mirror. Investigators are asking the driver to come forward and provide a statement to assist in the crash investigation. Anyone who witnessed the crash or has information about the vehicle or driver is asked to contact Investigator Saraceni 561-243-7800.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home