Palm Beach County NOT Reopening Yet Says Governor DeSantis
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s the New Yorkers.
Just two months ago, BocaNewsNow.com reported on complaints and concerns from year-round Palm Beach County residents believing that New Yorkers were escaping Metropolis and bringing COVID-19 with them to Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach.
Turns out they were right.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, while announcing Florida’s “reopening plan,” singled out New Yorkers as the reason Palm Beach County, along with Broward and Miami-Dade, will remained closed until further notice.
“Southeast Florida, quite frankly, just had a lot of people from New York City coming down, that’s the normal thing. They didn’t know they were bringing the virus in February and early March, and so that was really the seeding of that, and the other communities (in the state) didn’t have that to the same extent.”
It was less than eight weeks ago that a man traveled from New York to Palm Beach County on JetBlue, only to announce upon deplaning at Palm Beach International Airport that he tested positive for COVID-19.
He was destined for Boynton Beach.
Social Media was alive and well for several weeks after lockdowns began of New Yorkers posting photos and “bragging” to friends that they were out and about in Boca — and across Palm Beach County — while friends were cooped up inside back in the Northeast.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge