Palm Beach County NOT Reopening Yet Says Governor DeSantis
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s the New Yorkers.
Just two months ago, BocaNewsNow.com reported on complaints and concerns from year-round Palm Beach County residents believing that New Yorkers were escaping Metropolis and bringing COVID-19 with them to Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach.
Turns out they were right.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, while announcing Florida’s “reopening plan,” singled out New Yorkers as the reason Palm Beach County, along with Broward and Miami-Dade, will remained closed until further notice.
“Southeast Florida, quite frankly, just had a lot of people from New York City coming down, that’s the normal thing. They didn’t know they were bringing the virus in February and early March, and so that was really the seeding of that, and the other communities (in the state) didn’t have that to the same extent.”
It was less than eight weeks ago that a man traveled from New York to Palm Beach County on JetBlue, only to announce upon deplaning at Palm Beach International Airport that he tested positive for COVID-19.
He was destined for Boynton Beach.
Social Media was alive and well for several weeks after lockdowns began of New Yorkers posting photos and “bragging” to friends that they were out and about in Boca — and across Palm Beach County — while friends were cooped up inside back in the Northeast.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching