BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Wednesday is expected to announce the first phase of the state’s reopening plan on Wednesday. The announcement comes a day after DeSantis sat in the White House with President Donald Trump, and infection numbers in Florida continue to rise.
There are 32,846 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 1,171 deaths. At least 5,222 are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues. There were 776 new cases of COVID-19 logged in Florida on Monday — a significant increase from the day before. Monday is the most recent day with a “complete” look at the day’s new cases.
In Palm Beach County, at least 2,877 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 173. The median age of those infected has dropped to 55.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 434 confirmed positive cases, 333 in Delray Beach and 368 in Boynton Beach.
Check BocaNewsNow.com throughout the day for updates on announcements from Governor Ron DeSantis, and updated infection and death counts.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges