BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Wednesday is expected to announce the first phase of the state’s reopening plan on Wednesday. The announcement comes a day after DeSantis sat in the White House with President Donald Trump, and infection numbers in Florida continue to rise.
There are 32,846 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 1,171 deaths. At least 5,222 are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues. There were 776 new cases of COVID-19 logged in Florida on Monday — a significant increase from the day before. Monday is the most recent day with a “complete” look at the day’s new cases.
In Palm Beach County, at least 2,877 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 173. The median age of those infected has dropped to 55.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 434 confirmed positive cases, 333 in Delray Beach and 368 in Boynton Beach.
Check BocaNewsNow.com throughout the day for updates on announcements from Governor Ron DeSantis, and updated infection and death counts.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days