BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Wednesday is expected to announce the first phase of the state’s reopening plan on Wednesday. The announcement comes a day after DeSantis sat in the White House with President Donald Trump, and infection numbers in Florida continue to rise.
There are 32,846 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 1,171 deaths. At least 5,222 are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues. There were 776 new cases of COVID-19 logged in Florida on Monday — a significant increase from the day before. Monday is the most recent day with a “complete” look at the day’s new cases.
In Palm Beach County, at least 2,877 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 173. The median age of those infected has dropped to 55.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 434 confirmed positive cases, 333 in Delray Beach and 368 in Boynton Beach.
Check BocaNewsNow.com throughout the day for updates on announcements from Governor Ron DeSantis, and updated infection and death counts.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”