BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Wednesday is expected to announce the first phase of the state’s reopening plan on Wednesday. The announcement comes a day after DeSantis sat in the White House with President Donald Trump, and infection numbers in Florida continue to rise.
There are 32,846 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 1,171 deaths. At least 5,222 are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues. There were 776 new cases of COVID-19 logged in Florida on Monday — a significant increase from the day before. Monday is the most recent day with a “complete” look at the day’s new cases.
In Palm Beach County, at least 2,877 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 173. The median age of those infected has dropped to 55.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 434 confirmed positive cases, 333 in Delray Beach and 368 in Boynton Beach.
Check BocaNewsNow.com throughout the day for updates on announcements from Governor Ron DeSantis, and updated infection and death counts.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT