BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Tampa Bay Times is reporting this afternoon that Medical Examiners state-wide were told by Governor Ron DeSantis’ office to stop reporting deaths related to COVID-19.
According to the Times, death counts reported by Medical Examiners county by county were roughly ten percent HIGHER than the numbers released by the Florida Department of Health.
The report comes as Governor Ron DeSantis is set to announce “reopening” plans for the State of Florida.
As of mid-day Wednesday, the Florida Department of Health is reporting 1,218 deaths with 33,198 confirmed cases of COVID-19. According to the state, 5,419 people are — or have been — hospitalized in Florida for COVID-19 related symptoms.
Read the Tampa Bay Times story here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested