BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Tampa Bay Times is reporting this afternoon that Medical Examiners state-wide were told by Governor Ron DeSantis’ office to stop reporting deaths related to COVID-19.
According to the Times, death counts reported by Medical Examiners county by county were roughly ten percent HIGHER than the numbers released by the Florida Department of Health.
The report comes as Governor Ron DeSantis is set to announce “reopening” plans for the State of Florida.
As of mid-day Wednesday, the Florida Department of Health is reporting 1,218 deaths with 33,198 confirmed cases of COVID-19. According to the state, 5,419 people are — or have been — hospitalized in Florida for COVID-19 related symptoms.
Read the Tampa Bay Times story here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ANOTHER ONE?! TROPICAL WAVE GROWING EAST OF FLORIDA
- Loggers’ Run HOA Forecloses On Another Home Over $700
- BEWARE: COYOTES RUNNING FREE IN EAST BOCA RATON
- DUCKLING RESCUE! Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Saves Ducklings In Boca Raton
- Kings Point Resident Violence Leads To Arrest
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday