Only 375,000 of 21 Million Tested In Florida
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Of the 375,300 COVID-19 tests administered in Florida, 33,193 have yielded a positive result. That’s 8.8 percent. The numbers, released by the Florida Department of Health, place Florida solidly in the top half of positive tests by percentage of tests administered in the United States.
Florida’s population — as of 2019 — is 21.48 Million.
In the first set of Thursday numbers: there are at least 33,193 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
The death count is 1,218. At least 5,419 people have been — or are — hospitalized for COVID-19 related issues in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, at least 2,911 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count in Palm Beach County is now 178. At least 431 people in Palm Beach County are — or have been — hospitalized for COVID-19 related issues.
The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is now 55.
In Boca Raton, at least 440 people are positive for COVID-19, in Delray Beach it’s 334, in Boynton Beach the positive number is 372.
The Florida “new case” count was not updated as of 6:30 a.m. Thursday morning. Check BocaNewsNow.com later in the day for the latest update.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Florida Teachers Now Eligible For COVID-19 Vaccine
- Hyundai Sued: Palm Beach County Man Says Genesis Is A Dud
- COVID Shot Now Available To Vulnerable Floridians Under 65
- Boca’s Courtney Isgette Arrested On DUI Charge
- Another Boynton Resident Killed In Crash
- Boynton Beach Resident Matthew Guntle Killed In Crash
- Ferrari Sues, Wants Its $400k Car Back From Palm Beach County Man
- West Delray Beach Resident Jailed On DUI Charge
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300