Only 375,000 of 21 Million Tested In Florida
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Of the 375,300 COVID-19 tests administered in Florida, 33,193 have yielded a positive result. That’s 8.8 percent. The numbers, released by the Florida Department of Health, place Florida solidly in the top half of positive tests by percentage of tests administered in the United States.
Florida’s population — as of 2019 — is 21.48 Million.
In the first set of Thursday numbers: there are at least 33,193 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
The death count is 1,218. At least 5,419 people have been — or are — hospitalized for COVID-19 related issues in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, at least 2,911 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count in Palm Beach County is now 178. At least 431 people in Palm Beach County are — or have been — hospitalized for COVID-19 related issues.
The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is now 55.
In Boca Raton, at least 440 people are positive for COVID-19, in Delray Beach it’s 334, in Boynton Beach the positive number is 372.
The Florida “new case” count was not updated as of 6:30 a.m. Thursday morning. Check BocaNewsNow.com later in the day for the latest update.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical