Only 375,000 of 21 Million Tested In Florida
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Of the 375,300 COVID-19 tests administered in Florida, 33,193 have yielded a positive result. That’s 8.8 percent. The numbers, released by the Florida Department of Health, place Florida solidly in the top half of positive tests by percentage of tests administered in the United States.
Florida’s population — as of 2019 — is 21.48 Million.
In the first set of Thursday numbers: there are at least 33,193 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
The death count is 1,218. At least 5,419 people have been — or are — hospitalized for COVID-19 related issues in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, at least 2,911 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count in Palm Beach County is now 178. At least 431 people in Palm Beach County are — or have been — hospitalized for COVID-19 related issues.
The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is now 55.
In Boca Raton, at least 440 people are positive for COVID-19, in Delray Beach it’s 334, in Boynton Beach the positive number is 372.
The Florida “new case” count was not updated as of 6:30 a.m. Thursday morning. Check BocaNewsNow.com later in the day for the latest update.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors