BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Two months ago today there were no deaths from COVID-19 in Palm Beach County.
But as we start May, there are now at least 186 recorded deaths related to COVID-19. Statewide, the death count is at least 1,268.
The first daily numbers from the Florida Department of Health shows that May starts with at least 33,699 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state.
In Palm Beach County, at least 440 people are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related symptoms.
By age, the median age of those infected in PBC has dropped to 55.
By gender: 1,459 of those infected in the county identity as male. 1,444 identify as female. One person is listed as “no data.”
By race: 382 of those infected identity as black, 1,049 as white, 214 as other and 1,259 as “unknown.”
By ethnicity: 383 identify as Hispanic, 1,146 as “not-Hispanic” and 1,375 as “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, there are at least 446 cases. In Delray the count is 331. In Boynton Beach the confirmed COVID-19 count is 375,
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges