BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Saturday morning reported 35,463 confirmed COVID-19 infections statewide. The death count is now 1,364. The increase in infections and deaths come as much of Florida prepares a soft reopening on Monday.
Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties are EXCLUDED from Phase One at this point.
In Palm Beach County, there are now at least 3,080 confirmed COVID-19 infections and 195 deaths. As we reported late Friday night, at least ten deaths occurred in local nursing and rehabilitation facilities. That list was just released by the Florida Department of Health after significant media pressure.
The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County has dropped to 55. The male/female split is a statistical dead heat — 50/50. By numbers, 1,516 of those infected in Palm Beach County identify as male. 1,502 identify as female. There is no data for two people.
By race: 419 of those infected identify as black, 1,110 as white, 226 as “other.” There is “no data” for 1,265.
By ethnicity: 419 of those infected identify as Hispanic in Palm Beach County, 1,230 as “not-Hispanic.” There is “no data” for 1,371 people.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected