BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Saturday morning reported 35,463 confirmed COVID-19 infections statewide. The death count is now 1,364. The increase in infections and deaths come as much of Florida prepares a soft reopening on Monday.
Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties are EXCLUDED from Phase One at this point.
In Palm Beach County, there are now at least 3,080 confirmed COVID-19 infections and 195 deaths. As we reported late Friday night, at least ten deaths occurred in local nursing and rehabilitation facilities. That list was just released by the Florida Department of Health after significant media pressure.
The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County has dropped to 55. The male/female split is a statistical dead heat — 50/50. By numbers, 1,516 of those infected in Palm Beach County identify as male. 1,502 identify as female. There is no data for two people.
By race: 419 of those infected identify as black, 1,110 as white, 226 as “other.” There is “no data” for 1,265.
By ethnicity: 419 of those infected identify as Hispanic in Palm Beach County, 1,230 as “not-Hispanic.” There is “no data” for 1,371 people.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent