BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Saturday morning reported 35,463 confirmed COVID-19 infections statewide. The death count is now 1,364. The increase in infections and deaths come as much of Florida prepares a soft reopening on Monday.
Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties are EXCLUDED from Phase One at this point.
In Palm Beach County, there are now at least 3,080 confirmed COVID-19 infections and 195 deaths. As we reported late Friday night, at least ten deaths occurred in local nursing and rehabilitation facilities. That list was just released by the Florida Department of Health after significant media pressure.
The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County has dropped to 55. The male/female split is a statistical dead heat — 50/50. By numbers, 1,516 of those infected in Palm Beach County identify as male. 1,502 identify as female. There is no data for two people.
By race: 419 of those infected identify as black, 1,110 as white, 226 as “other.” There is “no data” for 1,265.
By ethnicity: 419 of those infected identify as Hispanic in Palm Beach County, 1,230 as “not-Hispanic.” There is “no data” for 1,371 people.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days