BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Much of Florida starts to reopen in a matter of hours against the backdrop of 36,078 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state and a death count that now stands at a minimum of 1,379.
The Sunday morning numbers from the Florida Department of Health paint a picture of continued flip flopping on the “new case” count as a well as the death count. Notably, the death count is now updating several days behind “reality.” The most current numbers — while just released — are based on counts from April 30th. Today is May 3rd.
In Palm Beach County, the infected count now stands at a minimum of 3,130 and the death count is 196. Statistically, it is likely to pass 200 in the next update.
At least 477 people in Palm Beach County are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues.
The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County remains at 55. The male/female split, according to the department of health, remains 50/50.
In Boca Raton, at least 452 are confirmed positive with COVID-19, in Boynton Beach the count is 388, in Delray Beach the number is 340.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail