BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Much of Florida starts to reopen in a matter of hours against the backdrop of 36,078 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state and a death count that now stands at a minimum of 1,379.
The Sunday morning numbers from the Florida Department of Health paint a picture of continued flip flopping on the “new case” count as a well as the death count. Notably, the death count is now updating several days behind “reality.” The most current numbers — while just released — are based on counts from April 30th. Today is May 3rd.
In Palm Beach County, the infected count now stands at a minimum of 3,130 and the death count is 196. Statistically, it is likely to pass 200 in the next update.
At least 477 people in Palm Beach County are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues.
The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County remains at 55. The male/female split, according to the department of health, remains 50/50.
In Boca Raton, at least 452 are confirmed positive with COVID-19, in Boynton Beach the count is 388, in Delray Beach the number is 340.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER SERVICE: Nor’easter To Pound North East, Rain To Dampen South Florida
- Boca Raton’s Robert Hevert Jailed On Felony Charge
- Here’s What It’s Like To Travel To Hawaii, And Why It Makes Florida Look So Bad
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant