Parents Make Poor Decisions. We All Pay.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you want to understand why beaches can’t open yet in Palm Beach County, why stores remain closed and why South Florida is excluded from today’s statewide reopening, look no further than your child’s online “morning meeting.”
In the span of 20 minutes, kids this morning are telling their teachers what they did over the weekend. They went to parties. They “played so long they almost had a sleepover.” They went to an aunt’s house.
None of this is supposed to be happening.
For every person observing social distancing, there are apparently many more who couldn’t care less. It’s not the fault of the kids. It’s the parents. It’s the grownups. The people who should know better are apparently making bad decisions. It’s those bad decision that local health officials and government leaders fear — and exactly why Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties are doing so poorly when it comes to infections and deaths.
This is how COVID-19 spreads, and it is a sure fire way to guarantee that today’s restrictions continue as tomorrow’s way of life.
Playing outside at a distance is, of course, fine. Playing in the same house is not. Visiting an aunt in their home seems to be contrary to executive orders in place.
When Palm Beach County’s “closed” status continues for weeks or months, the reason why will be clear — people who believe their own needs and wants are more important than the health of a community eager to return to normalcy.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning