BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida state-wide death count continues to move up and down, the latest report showing an increase from the day before. In total, there are now at least 1,471 recorded COVID-19 deaths in Florida. The total infection count as of mid-day Tuesday is 37,439.
In Palm Beach County, the total infection count is 3,390 with 205 deaths. At least 498 are — or have been — hospitalized for COVID-19 related issues since counting began.
The median age of those infected Palm Beach County is holding at 54. As we reported on Monday, the first days of COVID-19 counting revealed cases in those in their 70s, 80s and 90s. The downward trend to 54 is notable. The statewide median age is even younger — 52.5 years old. The — let’s call them “older” members of our population — are still the focus. In Florida, the infection totals 73 percent of those infected are at least 65 years old. By percentage: the 65-74 age group represents 23 percent of those infected, 75-84 represents 30 percent, and 85+ represents 30 percent.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 462 confirmed cases of COVID-19. In Boynton Beach it’s 396 and Delray Beach is showing 359.
Statewide, the percent positive (those testing positive against the number of tests administered) has dropped just slightly — it’s now 7 percent. The range since COVID-19 monitoring began in Florida is 6 percent to 10 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?