BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida state-wide death count continues to move up and down, the latest report showing an increase from the day before. In total, there are now at least 1,471 recorded COVID-19 deaths in Florida. The total infection count as of mid-day Tuesday is 37,439.
In Palm Beach County, the total infection count is 3,390 with 205 deaths. At least 498 are — or have been — hospitalized for COVID-19 related issues since counting began.
The median age of those infected Palm Beach County is holding at 54. As we reported on Monday, the first days of COVID-19 counting revealed cases in those in their 70s, 80s and 90s. The downward trend to 54 is notable. The statewide median age is even younger — 52.5 years old. The — let’s call them “older” members of our population — are still the focus. In Florida, the infection totals 73 percent of those infected are at least 65 years old. By percentage: the 65-74 age group represents 23 percent of those infected, 75-84 represents 30 percent, and 85+ represents 30 percent.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 462 confirmed cases of COVID-19. In Boynton Beach it’s 396 and Delray Beach is showing 359.
Statewide, the percent positive (those testing positive against the number of tests administered) has dropped just slightly — it’s now 7 percent. The range since COVID-19 monitoring began in Florida is 6 percent to 10 percent.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman