BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida is nowhere near a 14-day-decline in new cases as the infection count and death count both rise.
In Florida, there are now at least 38,002 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count has risen to 1,539. The record of deaths report shows an increase each day for the past several days.
At least 6,557 people are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, the infected count is now 3,480. The death count has risen to 215 with at least 533 hospitalizations.
The male/female split has changed a bit in Palm Beach County. It was running 50-50 for several days, but is now 51-percent male versus 49-percent female. By the numbers: 1,734 men are infected in Palm Beach County, at least 1,679 women are infected. There is no gender data for two people. Remember, these numbers are only based on the number of people who have been tested. There are presumably people in Palm Beach County who are positive for COVID-19 but do not know.
Of those who have died, 22 percent are logged as Miami-Dade County, 13 percent are logged as Broward, and 11 percent are logged as Palm Beach County. The three counties are responsible for more deaths in the state than any other county or “region” — as Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade are generally referred to as “South Florida.”
By total number of COVID-19 cases, the “South Florida” counties also lead, with 36 percent of those infected being logged as Miami-Dade cases, 15 percent being logged as Broward cases and 9 percent being logged as Palm Beach County cases.
In Boca Raton, at least 467 people have tested positive. In Boynton Beach it’s 405, in Delray Beach it’s 365.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat