BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida is nowhere near a 14-day-decline in new cases as the infection count and death count both rise.
In Florida, there are now at least 38,002 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count has risen to 1,539. The record of deaths report shows an increase each day for the past several days.
At least 6,557 people are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, the infected count is now 3,480. The death count has risen to 215 with at least 533 hospitalizations.
The male/female split has changed a bit in Palm Beach County. It was running 50-50 for several days, but is now 51-percent male versus 49-percent female. By the numbers: 1,734 men are infected in Palm Beach County, at least 1,679 women are infected. There is no gender data for two people. Remember, these numbers are only based on the number of people who have been tested. There are presumably people in Palm Beach County who are positive for COVID-19 but do not know.
Of those who have died, 22 percent are logged as Miami-Dade County, 13 percent are logged as Broward, and 11 percent are logged as Palm Beach County. The three counties are responsible for more deaths in the state than any other county or “region” — as Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade are generally referred to as “South Florida.”
By total number of COVID-19 cases, the “South Florida” counties also lead, with 36 percent of those infected being logged as Miami-Dade cases, 15 percent being logged as Broward cases and 9 percent being logged as Palm Beach County cases.
In Boca Raton, at least 467 people have tested positive. In Boynton Beach it’s 405, in Delray Beach it’s 365.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Realtor Sues Boca Raton Woman Who Refuses To Sell Her Home
- Palm Beach County Resident Guilty Of Fentanyl Distribution, Federal Prison
- Delray Beach Woman, 80, Slams Into Cars, Building, Son Says She Drank
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Expected To Form East Of Florida, Bad Weather Weekend
- Multi-Vehicle Crash At Yamato and Lyons In Boca Raton, Overturned Car
- Boca Raton Trainer Arrested, Charged With DUI After Crash
- Did Boca Raton Woman Really Double Park So She Could Run Into CycleBar?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Watching Developing System East Of Florida, It’s Growing
- Delray Beach Optometrist, Allegedly Driving On BMW Rim, Charged With DUI