Bizarre Announcement Is Contrary To CDC, County and Federal Guidance
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a bizarre email blast sent out Friday night, the City of Delray Beach says that facial coverings are no longer needed. Never mind the CDC’s strong suggestion that facial coverings be worn pretty much anywhere in public, the City of Delray Beach says you don’t need to wear them there.
Here is the official email announcement. Keep in mind, just because you have a Delray Beach address doesn’t mean you live in the City of Delray Beach. All of the GL Communities and country clubs in West Delray Beach — which are “unincorporated Palm Beach County” — still require face coverings. You can see where you live by clicking the “where do I live” button on the menu, above.
From Delray Beach:
“In keeping with the order issued April 29, 2020 by Governor Ron Desantis, the City of Delray Beach will end its stay at home order and curfew, and will no longer mandate the use of facial coverings, effective immediately.
The City encourages everyone to continue to follow all Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations regarding physical distancing and similar measures meant to prevent or slow the spread of the virus.”
Check BocaNewsNow.com for updates on the death count in Delray Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton