DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Reversing a hastily announced policy change made on Friday, the City of Delray Beach now says that masks should be worn in public until further notice.
In a bizarre email sent Friday misrepresenting comments from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, Delray officials said The Phase One reopening meant masks were no longer required.
That’s not what “phase one” guidelines say at all.
Delray officials now apparently appreciate their misstep. In a late Saturday afternoon media advisory, the City now says masks should be used.
From the City of Delray Beach:
“While the Governor’s order provides a gradual loosening of restrictions, the State, County and City continue tostrongly urge all persons to adhere to CDC guidelines including isolation for 14 days following travel, avoiding gathering in groups of 10 or more people, wearing facial coverings when outside your home and practicing social distancing.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SIRENS: Poisoned In Polo Club, Dead In Boca Pointe, Traumatic Injury In Boca West,
- City of Boca Raton Street Parade Set For December 8th
- Boca Raton PD Investigates Fatal Crash On Yamato Road
- FEDCON1: Aaron Singerman Nearly 3 Times Legal Limit After Crashing Boat Multiple Times
- Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections Is Hiring
- SIRENS: Dead In A Palm Beach Hotel, Crash On I-95, Fall At Olympic Heights High
- FLYING TODAY? JetBlue, United, Southwest All Reporting Delays Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- WEATHER: Stunning Days Ahead For Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- OMICRON: No Mask Change, Yet, For Palm Beach Schools