BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County “Phase One” reopening starts Monday as Florida now reports 39,199 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and the death count rises to 1,669.
The latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health also confirm that Florida is still nowhere near a two week decline in new cases. The numbers have rise over three of the past four days. The good news: the “percent positive” of new test results in Florida has dropped from 5.15-percent on April 24th to 1.89-percent on May 7th. It was 4.32-percent on May 6th so keep in mind that number moves around — but 1.89% is good.
In Palm Beach County, the confirmed case count is now 3,615 with 229 deaths. The median age of those infected has dropped to 53.
By gender: 1,809 of those infected in Palm Beach County identity as male, 1,735 identify as female. There is no data for one person. The percentage split is 51% male, 49% female.
By rapace: 604 of those infected identify as black, 1,659 identify as white. “Other” is listed as 385 with “unknown” as 897.
By ethnicity: 827 identify as Hispanic, 1,734 as “not-Hispanic,” and 984 as “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, at least 494 have tested positive for COVID-19, in Boynton it’s 426, in Delray it’s 375.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER