BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County “Phase One” reopening starts Monday as Florida now reports 39,199 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and the death count rises to 1,669.
The latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health also confirm that Florida is still nowhere near a two week decline in new cases. The numbers have rise over three of the past four days. The good news: the “percent positive” of new test results in Florida has dropped from 5.15-percent on April 24th to 1.89-percent on May 7th. It was 4.32-percent on May 6th so keep in mind that number moves around — but 1.89% is good.
In Palm Beach County, the confirmed case count is now 3,615 with 229 deaths. The median age of those infected has dropped to 53.
By gender: 1,809 of those infected in Palm Beach County identity as male, 1,735 identify as female. There is no data for one person. The percentage split is 51% male, 49% female.
By rapace: 604 of those infected identify as black, 1,659 identify as white. “Other” is listed as 385 with “unknown” as 897.
By ethnicity: 827 identify as Hispanic, 1,734 as “not-Hispanic,” and 984 as “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, at least 494 have tested positive for COVID-19, in Boynton it’s 426, in Delray it’s 375.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat