BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — No official word from the State of Florida or the Palm Beach County School District, but Dr. Anthony Fauci just told U.S. Senators during a televised hearing that it seems more likely than not that schools will NOT be able to resume in-person learning in the Fall.
“I would be very realistic that in this case the idea of having treatments available or a vaccine to facilitate the re-entry of students into the fall term would be something that would be a bit of a bridge too far.”
The question was posed by Republican Senator Lamar Alexander (TN). He asked what Dr. Fauci would say to a University Chancellor or a public school Principal.
The Florida Department of Education seems to be hinting that it is prepared to pull the plug on in-school education for at least the month of August — the traditional start for many schools statewide.
In multiple surveys sent to parents over the past several weeks, education officials have repeatedly asked if parents would be more comfortable sending children to school “after Labor Day.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…
- Deerfield Beach Woman Struck By Car, Killed
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems
- AARON SINGERMAN: Government Seeks 78-97 Months In Prison, Sentencing Thursday
- New York Man Killed In Delray Beach Crash, Drove Under Semi