BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — No official word from the State of Florida or the Palm Beach County School District, but Dr. Anthony Fauci just told U.S. Senators during a televised hearing that it seems more likely than not that schools will NOT be able to resume in-person learning in the Fall.
“I would be very realistic that in this case the idea of having treatments available or a vaccine to facilitate the re-entry of students into the fall term would be something that would be a bit of a bridge too far.”
The question was posed by Republican Senator Lamar Alexander (TN). He asked what Dr. Fauci would say to a University Chancellor or a public school Principal.
The Florida Department of Education seems to be hinting that it is prepared to pull the plug on in-school education for at least the month of August — the traditional start for many schools statewide.
In multiple surveys sent to parents over the past several weeks, education officials have repeatedly asked if parents would be more comfortable sending children to school “after Labor Day.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?