DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 25-percent off promotion and lots of email advertising did little to fill the BurgerFI on Atlantic Avenue near the Florida Turnpike on Tuesday evening. Once a hotspot on “kids eat free” night, only one person sat in the restaurant.
This is the scene across South Palm Beach County, as restaurants open to anything but waiting crowds.
While the takeout business remains brisk for those restaurant owners who figured out how to successfully alter their business model, the “eat in” model may not return anytime soon.
Palm Beach County’s move to “Phase One” reopening on Monday gave restaurateurs the ability to welcome in customers — provided they fill no more than 25 of their establishment. That seems unlikely to be a problem.
At Lucky Palace on 441 in Boca Raton, the phone doesn’t stop ringing from 4 p.m. on.
“Lucky Palace, please hold. Lucky Palace, please hold. Lucky Palace, please hold.”
A walk in the front door at Lucky Palace shows tables set up with waiting takeout orders. No one is eating inside.
A spot check of restaurants across the area reveals similar scenes. Takeout remains big — eating in, not so much.
Seeing packed restaurants where you? Email us at news(at)BocaNewsNow.com.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEATHTOBER FLORIDA: State, Palm Beach County COVID Deaths, Infections Climbing Again
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom