BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As the two week mark approaches for Florida’s “Phase One” reopening of much of the state, the “new case” count has spent two days in the 800s — the highest level recorded since April.
It’s not apparently the result of increased daily testing.
The percent positive rate — the number of those testing positive — on Tuesday was 9.49-percent. It’s been an upward climb since Sunday when it was just 3.83 percent.
The Wednesday percent positive number has not yet been released.
The Florida Department of Health Thursday morning reports 42,402 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The “new case” count on May 12th was 807. The “new case” count on May 13th was 801. There had not been 800 recorded new cases of COVID-19 on a single day, in Florida, since April 30th.
The death count as of Thursday morning is 1,875.
In Palm Beach County, the infected cont is now at least 4,278. The death count is 263. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is 52. Six percent of those infected in Palm Beach County have died, 17 percent are — or have been — hospitalized. The statewide death percentage is 4 percent, the statewide hospitalized percentage is 18 percent.
In Boca Raton, there are 536 confirmed cases of COVID-19, in Boynton Beach the number is 464, the Delray Beach confirmed case count is 396.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud