BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The annual “Palm Beach County Back To School Event,” set for August 1st, will be “drive up” only.
The event, which connects children with school supplies, is normally in person, but this year’s event — still three months away — has already been set-up for social distancing.
Read into it what you will, but it certainly suggests that Palm Beach County officials don’t believe that “normal” will have returned by August. Note that this is a “Palm Beach County” sponsored event, and not specifically the Palm Beach County School District.
Here is the official media advisory, and a link to register for the event:
Registration is now open for the 2020 Back to School PBC! event to be held on Saturday, August 1.
Back to School PBC! will be a drive-up event this year, and will be held at different locations throughout the county to be announced at a later date.
Registration is mandatory to participate, and students must reside in designated neighborhoods or mobile home parks in unincorporated Palm Beach County to be eligible to register.
Register online at backtoschoolpbc.org and enter code PBCOCR for students to receive free school supplies, backpacks and access to community resources. Registration closes on Monday, June 15.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State