BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The annual “Palm Beach County Back To School Event,” set for August 1st, will be “drive up” only.
The event, which connects children with school supplies, is normally in person, but this year’s event — still three months away — has already been set-up for social distancing.
Read into it what you will, but it certainly suggests that Palm Beach County officials don’t believe that “normal” will have returned by August. Note that this is a “Palm Beach County” sponsored event, and not specifically the Palm Beach County School District.
Here is the official media advisory, and a link to register for the event:
Registration is now open for the 2020 Back to School PBC! event to be held on Saturday, August 1.
Back to School PBC! will be a drive-up event this year, and will be held at different locations throughout the county to be announced at a later date.
Registration is mandatory to participate, and students must reside in designated neighborhoods or mobile home parks in unincorporated Palm Beach County to be eligible to register.
Register online at backtoschoolpbc.org and enter code PBCOCR for students to receive free school supplies, backpacks and access to community resources. Registration closes on Monday, June 15.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients