“The Drones Can’t Scan Faces If We Stand Six Feet Apart” Says One Speaker
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We’re all for free speech, but we are also for entertainment. If you want entertainment, look no further than the public comment portion of the Palm Beach County Commission meeting. Everyone gets three minutes to be an expert. And it turns out most of those experts are constitutional scholars.
Who knew there were so many constitutional scholars in Palm Beach County?!
In no particular order, and without naming names, here are some of themes from the public speaking portion which was supposed to focus on beach reopening and beach use rules: COVID-19 is a conspiracy theory, there is no pandemic, you have a constitutional right to use the beach, grownups are not school students who should ever be told what to do, and you can create a social distancing circle on a beach by using flip flops.
The last point is actually rational and comes from a mom — we give her credit.
But then there are those who argued that skin cancer and sharks are also a problem, masks only make people sick, “we are all equal owners of the earth,” Commissioners don’t have a right to set policy (wrong, actually), “the beach comes from the sky,” and then a woman wearing a Trump button (we mention only for context) — asked “should we stop driving on highways until we have 14 consecutive days without a fatality, then slowly reopen the highways?” One woman was apparently a scientist, stating that she knows COVID-19 immediately dies in 85-degree weather because Governor Ron DeSantis said it’s true. Said another woman: “I’m kind of a big deal on social media.”
While people spoke, some members of the audience sat with cell phones, videotaping everything — seemingly unaware of the TV cameras broadcasting the meeting to the public.
With a potential lack of new programming due to COVID-19’s impact on Hollywood, we strongly suggest watching the Palm Beach County Commission meeting which stream live.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive