“The Drones Can’t Scan Faces If We Stand Six Feet Apart” Says One Speaker
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We’re all for free speech, but we are also for entertainment. If you want entertainment, look no further than the public comment portion of the Palm Beach County Commission meeting. Everyone gets three minutes to be an expert. And it turns out most of those experts are constitutional scholars.
Who knew there were so many constitutional scholars in Palm Beach County?!
In no particular order, and without naming names, here are some of themes from the public speaking portion which was supposed to focus on beach reopening and beach use rules: COVID-19 is a conspiracy theory, there is no pandemic, you have a constitutional right to use the beach, grownups are not school students who should ever be told what to do, and you can create a social distancing circle on a beach by using flip flops.
The last point is actually rational and comes from a mom — we give her credit.
But then there are those who argued that skin cancer and sharks are also a problem, masks only make people sick, “we are all equal owners of the earth,” Commissioners don’t have a right to set policy (wrong, actually), “the beach comes from the sky,” and then a woman wearing a Trump button (we mention only for context) — asked “should we stop driving on highways until we have 14 consecutive days without a fatality, then slowly reopen the highways?” One woman was apparently a scientist, stating that she knows COVID-19 immediately dies in 85-degree weather because Governor Ron DeSantis said it’s true. Said another woman: “I’m kind of a big deal on social media.”
While people spoke, some members of the audience sat with cell phones, videotaping everything — seemingly unaware of the TV cameras broadcasting the meeting to the public.
With a potential lack of new programming due to COVID-19’s impact on Hollywood, we strongly suggest watching the Palm Beach County Commission meeting which stream live.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car