BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Cinemark Theater on Airport Road in Boca Raton allegedly served a child “apple crisp” with nuts, even though the mother told the theater that the child needed food to be “nut free.”
The incident allegedly occurred in May of 2019.
The lawsuit, just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, alleges that food workers at the Cinemark Theater were told multiple times that the child had a “severe nut allergy.”
“The food menu Defendant, Cinemark USA INC., provided to the Plaintiff, did not indicate the food item Plaintiff ordered contained nuts,” alleges the suit.
The suit states that “The Defendant, through its employees and/or agents, represented to (Plaintiff) that the apple crisp did not contain any nuts. This material statement induced (Plaintiff) to purchase the apple crisp from the Defendant. At the time the Defendant made this statement, Defendant knew, or should have known, that it was false.”
The child, who lives in Broward County, allegedly sustained “bodily injury, resulting pain and suffering, disability, physical impairment, disfigurement, mental anguish, inconvenience, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life,” and more.
“Plaintiff’s losses are either permanent or continuing and plaintiff will suffer losses in the future,” claims the suit.
There was no immediate response from Cinemark USA to the filing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home