BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Cinemark Theater on Airport Road in Boca Raton allegedly served a child “apple crisp” with nuts, even though the mother told the theater that the child needed food to be “nut free.”
The incident allegedly occurred in May of 2019.
The lawsuit, just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, alleges that food workers at the Cinemark Theater were told multiple times that the child had a “severe nut allergy.”
“The food menu Defendant, Cinemark USA INC., provided to the Plaintiff, did not indicate the food item Plaintiff ordered contained nuts,” alleges the suit.
The suit states that “The Defendant, through its employees and/or agents, represented to (Plaintiff) that the apple crisp did not contain any nuts. This material statement induced (Plaintiff) to purchase the apple crisp from the Defendant. At the time the Defendant made this statement, Defendant knew, or should have known, that it was false.”
The child, who lives in Broward County, allegedly sustained “bodily injury, resulting pain and suffering, disability, physical impairment, disfigurement, mental anguish, inconvenience, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life,” and more.
“Plaintiff’s losses are either permanent or continuing and plaintiff will suffer losses in the future,” claims the suit.
There was no immediate response from Cinemark USA to the filing.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems
- AARON SINGERMAN: Government Seeks 78-97 Months In Prison, Sentencing Thursday
- New York Man Killed In Delray Beach Crash, Drove Under Semi
- COVERUP? Boynton Beach City Manager Now Center Over Handling Of Dead Teen
- ARCTIC PLUNGE: Expect Temps In The 30s on Saturday
- SIRENS: Sick At West Boca High, Dead In An Area Walmart, Fall At Morikami Museum
- Casa D’Angelo Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector