BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Cinemark Theater on Airport Road in Boca Raton allegedly served a child “apple crisp” with nuts, even though the mother told the theater that the child needed food to be “nut free.”
The incident allegedly occurred in May of 2019.
The lawsuit, just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, alleges that food workers at the Cinemark Theater were told multiple times that the child had a “severe nut allergy.”
“The food menu Defendant, Cinemark USA INC., provided to the Plaintiff, did not indicate the food item Plaintiff ordered contained nuts,” alleges the suit.
The suit states that “The Defendant, through its employees and/or agents, represented to (Plaintiff) that the apple crisp did not contain any nuts. This material statement induced (Plaintiff) to purchase the apple crisp from the Defendant. At the time the Defendant made this statement, Defendant knew, or should have known, that it was false.”
The child, who lives in Broward County, allegedly sustained “bodily injury, resulting pain and suffering, disability, physical impairment, disfigurement, mental anguish, inconvenience, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life,” and more.
“Plaintiff’s losses are either permanent or continuing and plaintiff will suffer losses in the future,” claims the suit.
There was no immediate response from Cinemark USA to the filing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash
- SCARY VIDEO: Two Thugs Rob Domino’s Worker At Gunpoint Near Boca Raton
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued After Woman Allegedly Falls
- BOYNTON COPS: 11-Time Convicted Felon Charged With Shooting At Three
- Palm Beach County Schools Closed Friday
- Near Boca Raton, Man Dies Next To Dumpster — Cops Think Hit And Run
- Brianna Tanner, 20, Killed In Boca Raton Crash