LOCAL COUNTIES, CITIES, TOWNS MAY DISREGARD, SET OWN RULES
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Gov. Ron DeSantis Friday announced that all child activity restrictions are now lifted in the State of Florida.
The Executive Order has yet to be released, but here is what many may call the unbelievable statement:
“I’m pleased today to announce that effective immediately, Florida will be lifting all restrictions on youth activities and summer camps and athletics. We believe that this makes sense based on the data and observed experience. We are not going to be instituting rules or really any rules.”
County and local leaders have the authority to mandate restrictions that must be followed. As we remind our readers, the “most restrictive” order is the order that that is in effect.
Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner, when asked about the announcement at a Friday afternoon news conference, suggested that a full lifting of childhood activities in Palm Beach County may not be on the immediate horizon.
There was no policy decision released by leaders in Boca Raton or Delray Beach.
The Palm Beach County School District previously announced that all camps and in-person summer activities will not take place this summer.
As BocaNewsNow.com reported Friday morning, there is a large number of children in Florida who are — or have been — infected with COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge