LOCAL COUNTIES, CITIES, TOWNS MAY DISREGARD, SET OWN RULES
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Gov. Ron DeSantis Friday announced that all child activity restrictions are now lifted in the State of Florida.
The Executive Order has yet to be released, but here is what many may call the unbelievable statement:
“I’m pleased today to announce that effective immediately, Florida will be lifting all restrictions on youth activities and summer camps and athletics. We believe that this makes sense based on the data and observed experience. We are not going to be instituting rules or really any rules.”
County and local leaders have the authority to mandate restrictions that must be followed. As we remind our readers, the “most restrictive” order is the order that that is in effect.
Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner, when asked about the announcement at a Friday afternoon news conference, suggested that a full lifting of childhood activities in Palm Beach County may not be on the immediate horizon.
There was no policy decision released by leaders in Boca Raton or Delray Beach.
The Palm Beach County School District previously announced that all camps and in-person summer activities will not take place this summer.
As BocaNewsNow.com reported Friday morning, there is a large number of children in Florida who are — or have been — infected with COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER SERVICE: Nor’easter To Pound North East, Rain To Dampen South Florida
- Boca Raton’s Robert Hevert Jailed On Felony Charge
- Here’s What It’s Like To Travel To Hawaii, And Why It Makes Florida Look So Bad
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant