Palm Beach County Numbers Worse Than State
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health reveal three statistics that may be unsettling for those concerned that the Phase One opening — now two weeks old — could be leading to a second wave.
The percent positive rate in Palm Beach County — that’s the number of people who tested positive compared to all of the tests given — has jumped nearly a point in a day. It was 5.0 percent on May 24th. It rose to 5.9 percent on Memorial Day. The five day percent positive rate is now 5.62 percent.
We consider the “5-day” number to be a fair metric to use as it considers several days of tests and results.
While Palm Beach County rises, the statewide five-day positivity rate is down to 4.87. That means Palm Beach County is heading up as the state seems to trend down.
The hospitalization rate in Palm Beach County is now 20 percent. That is higher than the Florida hospitalization rate of 19 percent. The death rate in Palm Beach County is also higher — coming in at 6 percent. The statewide death rate is 4 percent.
Also of note is this graph provided by the Florida Department of Health. This is the “daily percent of Emergency Department Visits resulting in cough-associated admissions.” Look at the upward tick over the past several days. It is certainly nothing compared to where it was, but does suggest a turn in the wrong direction in Palm Beach County.
Statewide, there are now 52,255 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death county is 2,259. In Palm Beach County, the infected number is 5,429. The death count in Palm Beach County is 315.
In Boca Raton, the infected count is now 602. It’s 567 in Boynton Beach and 467 in Delray Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car