Amy Aronowitz Invokes Florida Statute To Block Booking Photos
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Former Delray Beach Police Officer Amy Aronowitz is again behind bars Wednesday for the third time in the past two years.
Aronowitz, according to jail records, is charged with violating the conditions of her pre-trial release on a domestic violence charge from earlier this year. She is also charged with contempt of court for violating a domestic violence protection injunction.
We would publish Aronowitz’ booking photo but as a former police officer, she filed a 119.071 request which blocks her booking photo from being released. She apparently did the same thing on February 19th, 2020 when she was arrested by PBSO for battery, and previously on May 21, 2019, when she was arrested by PBSO for DUI and Hit and Run. She was found guilty of the DUI portion and sentenced to probation.
The hit and run charge was not prosecuted.
Amy Aronowitz’ booking photos were not made public for any of these arrests — although other Palm Beach County residents charged with crimes routinely do have their booking photos released.
Aronowitz was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 10:01 a.m. on Wednesday. Bail had not been set as of 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases