Amy Aronowitz Invokes Florida Statute To Block Booking Photos
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Former Delray Beach Police Officer Amy Aronowitz is again behind bars Wednesday for the third time in the past two years.
Aronowitz, according to jail records, is charged with violating the conditions of her pre-trial release on a domestic violence charge from earlier this year. She is also charged with contempt of court for violating a domestic violence protection injunction.
We would publish Aronowitz’ booking photo but as a former police officer, she filed a 119.071 request which blocks her booking photo from being released. She apparently did the same thing on February 19th, 2020 when she was arrested by PBSO for battery, and previously on May 21, 2019, when she was arrested by PBSO for DUI and Hit and Run. She was found guilty of the DUI portion and sentenced to probation.
The hit and run charge was not prosecuted.
Amy Aronowitz’ booking photos were not made public for any of these arrests — although other Palm Beach County residents charged with crimes routinely do have their booking photos released.
Aronowitz was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 10:01 a.m. on Wednesday. Bail had not been set as of 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car