Amy Aronowitz Invokes Florida Statute To Block Booking Photos
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Former Delray Beach Police Officer Amy Aronowitz is again behind bars Wednesday for the third time in the past two years.
Aronowitz, according to jail records, is charged with violating the conditions of her pre-trial release on a domestic violence charge from earlier this year. She is also charged with contempt of court for violating a domestic violence protection injunction.
We would publish Aronowitz’ booking photo but as a former police officer, she filed a 119.071 request which blocks her booking photo from being released. She apparently did the same thing on February 19th, 2020 when she was arrested by PBSO for battery, and previously on May 21, 2019, when she was arrested by PBSO for DUI and Hit and Run. She was found guilty of the DUI portion and sentenced to probation.
The hit and run charge was not prosecuted.
Amy Aronowitz’ booking photos were not made public for any of these arrests — although other Palm Beach County residents charged with crimes routinely do have their booking photos released.
Aronowitz was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 10:01 a.m. on Wednesday. Bail had not been set as of 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE IAN: Moving Ashore, Schools Closed Thursday, Power Out
- HURRICANE IAN EYEWALL COMING ASHORE, EXPECT WEATHER TO DETERIORATE
- PALM BEACH COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS CLOSED THURSDAY
- POWER OUTAGES CONTINUE: Thousands Without Power In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade
- HURRICANE IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY CONDITIONS TO DETERIORATE
- TRAVEL: FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS MOUNT AS HURRICANE IAN APPROACHES
- HURRICANE IAN NEARLY CATEGORY FIVE
- KINGS POINT HIT BY POSSIBLE TORNADO, SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE
- REMINDER: ALL SCHOOLS CLOSED IN PALM BEACH COUNTY