Amy Aronowitz Invokes Florida Statute To Block Booking Photos
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Former Delray Beach Police Officer Amy Aronowitz is again behind bars Wednesday for the third time in the past two years.
Aronowitz, according to jail records, is charged with violating the conditions of her pre-trial release on a domestic violence charge from earlier this year. She is also charged with contempt of court for violating a domestic violence protection injunction.
We would publish Aronowitz’ booking photo but as a former police officer, she filed a 119.071 request which blocks her booking photo from being released. She apparently did the same thing on February 19th, 2020 when she was arrested by PBSO for battery, and previously on May 21, 2019, when she was arrested by PBSO for DUI and Hit and Run. She was found guilty of the DUI portion and sentenced to probation.
The hit and run charge was not prosecuted.
Amy Aronowitz’ booking photos were not made public for any of these arrests — although other Palm Beach County residents charged with crimes routinely do have their booking photos released.
Aronowitz was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 10:01 a.m. on Wednesday. Bail had not been set as of 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens