BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The “percent positive” rate, or number of people testing positive for COVID-19 in Florida compared to all of the tests logged, is on the rise.
For the past three days, the statewide numbers have climbed.
The “percent positive” is an important number and has nothing to do with how many tests are administered or recorded. It looks at all of the tests — whether just a few or tens of thousands — and reports the percentage of those tests that were positive.
On Sunday the Florida percent positive was 3.82 percent. On Monday it was 4.96. On Tuesday — the most recent day available — it was 5.78.
The five day average in Florida is now 5.11 percent. The Palm Beach County percent positive over five days is slightly lower — 4.98 percent.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender