BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The “percent positive” rate, or number of people testing positive for COVID-19 in Florida compared to all of the tests logged, is on the rise.
For the past three days, the statewide numbers have climbed.
The “percent positive” is an important number and has nothing to do with how many tests are administered or recorded. It looks at all of the tests — whether just a few or tens of thousands — and reports the percentage of those tests that were positive.
On Sunday the Florida percent positive was 3.82 percent. On Monday it was 4.96. On Tuesday — the most recent day available — it was 5.78.
The five day average in Florida is now 5.11 percent. The Palm Beach County percent positive over five days is slightly lower — 4.98 percent.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
- Major Boca Raton Gas Leak Now Under Control
- Wheelchair Disaster At Boca Raton’s Town Center Mall Leads To Lawsuit
- When You Drive A Tesla To A Boca Raton “Just Salad,” Hilarity Ensues
- CLAIM: Woman Goes Bonkers At A Boca Raton Animal Hospital
- Read The Lawsuit: Springsteen Drummer Max Weinberg Sues Boca Car Dealer
- Palm Beach County Could Give You $100,000 For A House
- Coconut Creek Man Killed In Head-On Crash South Of Boca Raton