BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The “percent positive” rate, or number of people testing positive for COVID-19 in Florida compared to all of the tests logged, is on the rise.
For the past three days, the statewide numbers have climbed.
The “percent positive” is an important number and has nothing to do with how many tests are administered or recorded. It looks at all of the tests — whether just a few or tens of thousands — and reports the percentage of those tests that were positive.
On Sunday the Florida percent positive was 3.82 percent. On Monday it was 4.96. On Tuesday — the most recent day available — it was 5.78.
The five day average in Florida is now 5.11 percent. The Palm Beach County percent positive over five days is slightly lower — 4.98 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI