BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The “percent positive” rate, or number of people testing positive for COVID-19 in Florida compared to all of the tests logged, is on the rise.
For the past three days, the statewide numbers have climbed.
The “percent positive” is an important number and has nothing to do with how many tests are administered or recorded. It looks at all of the tests — whether just a few or tens of thousands — and reports the percentage of those tests that were positive.
On Sunday the Florida percent positive was 3.82 percent. On Monday it was 4.96. On Tuesday — the most recent day available — it was 5.78.
The five day average in Florida is now 5.11 percent. The Palm Beach County percent positive over five days is slightly lower — 4.98 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.
- DEADLY DAY: Florida Records Record 217 COVID Deaths
- Broward County Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Site
- BREAKING: Boca Fire To Offer COVID Shots, Just 200 Available
- Cool, Wet Weather For South Florida
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Inhaling Dangerous Chemicals