SUIT ALLEGES STAFFING ISSUES, MONEY MOTIVE
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Avante of Boca Raton, a nursing and rehabilitation facility, is the subject of a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
While Avante is the scene of at least 25 current COVID-19 infections, the suit stems from the alleged mishandling and neglectful care of a patient — Howard Kaplan — who later died.
The lawsuit alleges that Avante has staffing issues and that the facility “endangered residents by failing to use reasonable care in accepting and keeping residents based on desired payer sources, coupled with high acuity and rehabilitation needs, which allow for higher billing without regard to whether the staff can meet the residents’ need. The Defendants (Avante Boca Raton) further endangered residents by failing to adjust staffing levels to meet the needs of the residents…”
Read the entire lawsuit, below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested