SUIT ALLEGES STAFFING ISSUES, MONEY MOTIVE
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Avante of Boca Raton, a nursing and rehabilitation facility, is the subject of a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
While Avante is the scene of at least 25 current COVID-19 infections, the suit stems from the alleged mishandling and neglectful care of a patient — Howard Kaplan — who later died.
The lawsuit alleges that Avante has staffing issues and that the facility “endangered residents by failing to use reasonable care in accepting and keeping residents based on desired payer sources, coupled with high acuity and rehabilitation needs, which allow for higher billing without regard to whether the staff can meet the residents’ need. The Defendants (Avante Boca Raton) further endangered residents by failing to adjust staffing levels to meet the needs of the residents…”
Read the entire lawsuit, below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps
- Expect 100,000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County By Weekend
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages