SUIT ALLEGES STAFFING ISSUES, MONEY MOTIVE
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Avante of Boca Raton, a nursing and rehabilitation facility, is the subject of a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
While Avante is the scene of at least 25 current COVID-19 infections, the suit stems from the alleged mishandling and neglectful care of a patient — Howard Kaplan — who later died.
The lawsuit alleges that Avante has staffing issues and that the facility “endangered residents by failing to use reasonable care in accepting and keeping residents based on desired payer sources, coupled with high acuity and rehabilitation needs, which allow for higher billing without regard to whether the staff can meet the residents’ need. The Defendants (Avante Boca Raton) further endangered residents by failing to adjust staffing levels to meet the needs of the residents…”
Read the entire lawsuit, below.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: Man Used University of Florida Students In Massive Fraud
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier