SUIT ALLEGES STAFFING ISSUES, MONEY MOTIVE
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Avante of Boca Raton, a nursing and rehabilitation facility, is the subject of a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
While Avante is the scene of at least 25 current COVID-19 infections, the suit stems from the alleged mishandling and neglectful care of a patient — Howard Kaplan — who later died.
The lawsuit alleges that Avante has staffing issues and that the facility “endangered residents by failing to use reasonable care in accepting and keeping residents based on desired payer sources, coupled with high acuity and rehabilitation needs, which allow for higher billing without regard to whether the staff can meet the residents’ need. The Defendants (Avante Boca Raton) further endangered residents by failing to adjust staffing levels to meet the needs of the residents…”
Read the entire lawsuit, below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat