SUIT ALLEGES STAFFING ISSUES, MONEY MOTIVE
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Avante of Boca Raton, a nursing and rehabilitation facility, is the subject of a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
While Avante is the scene of at least 25 current COVID-19 infections, the suit stems from the alleged mishandling and neglectful care of a patient — Howard Kaplan — who later died.
The lawsuit alleges that Avante has staffing issues and that the facility “endangered residents by failing to use reasonable care in accepting and keeping residents based on desired payer sources, coupled with high acuity and rehabilitation needs, which allow for higher billing without regard to whether the staff can meet the residents’ need. The Defendants (Avante Boca Raton) further endangered residents by failing to adjust staffing levels to meet the needs of the residents…”
Read the entire lawsuit, below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles