BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Several area Home Depot and Publix parking lots will soon become testing locations for COVID-19.
While the official list is still pending, Gov. Ron DeSantis — who made the announcement at the Home Depot in West Boca Raton — said demand for “drive thru” testing is falling which means there is more opportunity for people to take part in testing while they are out shopping.
Other locations include area Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart retail facilities.
The current testing locations are not being eliminated — at least for now. In South Palm Beach County, that includes the new site at Florida Atlantic University and the South Palm Beach County Civic Center.
DeSantis also used the opportunity to promote Home Depot as a location to use Florida’s “tax free holiday” which extends through June 4th. This holiday is supposed to be for hurricane preparedness supplies.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CLOSED: Gas Pipeline Erupts, Detours Near Lake Worth
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID