BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Several area Home Depot and Publix parking lots will soon become testing locations for COVID-19.
While the official list is still pending, Gov. Ron DeSantis — who made the announcement at the Home Depot in West Boca Raton — said demand for “drive thru” testing is falling which means there is more opportunity for people to take part in testing while they are out shopping.
Other locations include area Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart retail facilities.
The current testing locations are not being eliminated — at least for now. In South Palm Beach County, that includes the new site at Florida Atlantic University and the South Palm Beach County Civic Center.
DeSantis also used the opportunity to promote Home Depot as a location to use Florida’s “tax free holiday” which extends through June 4th. This holiday is supposed to be for hurricane preparedness supplies.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID FLORIDA: State Adds Another 7179 Cases In One Day, Positivity Climbs
- REMINDER: No School Friday In Palm Beach County School District
- GETTING SICKER: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Rising
- Child Attacked At School, Palm Beach County School Board Sued
- PROSECUTORS: Killed Palm Beach County Fire Captain Was Drug Dealer
- Boca Raton’s Richard Marcic Charged With Battery On Officer
- COVID PALM BEACH COUNTY: Hospital Count Rising
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach: Temps in 50s Coming
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Systems Appear To Be Moving Away From U.S. Mainland