BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Several area Home Depot and Publix parking lots will soon become testing locations for COVID-19.
While the official list is still pending, Gov. Ron DeSantis — who made the announcement at the Home Depot in West Boca Raton — said demand for “drive thru” testing is falling which means there is more opportunity for people to take part in testing while they are out shopping.
Other locations include area Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart retail facilities.
The current testing locations are not being eliminated — at least for now. In South Palm Beach County, that includes the new site at Florida Atlantic University and the South Palm Beach County Civic Center.
DeSantis also used the opportunity to promote Home Depot as a location to use Florida’s “tax free holiday” which extends through June 4th. This holiday is supposed to be for hurricane preparedness supplies.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area
- HURRICANE IAN STARTS TO WEAKEN, BUT IT’S NOT OVER YET IN PALM BEACH COUNTY
- HURRICANE IAN: Moving Ashore, Schools Closed Thursday, Power Out
- HURRICANE IAN EYEWALL COMING ASHORE, EXPECT WEATHER TO DETERIORATE
- PALM BEACH COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS CLOSED THURSDAY
- POWER OUTAGES CONTINUE: Thousands Without Power In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade