BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Several area Home Depot and Publix parking lots will soon become testing locations for COVID-19.
While the official list is still pending, Gov. Ron DeSantis — who made the announcement at the Home Depot in West Boca Raton — said demand for “drive thru” testing is falling which means there is more opportunity for people to take part in testing while they are out shopping.
Other locations include area Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart retail facilities.
The current testing locations are not being eliminated — at least for now. In South Palm Beach County, that includes the new site at Florida Atlantic University and the South Palm Beach County Civic Center.
DeSantis also used the opportunity to promote Home Depot as a location to use Florida’s “tax free holiday” which extends through June 4th. This holiday is supposed to be for hurricane preparedness supplies.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida