FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Broward County Advisory VERBATIM) — Broward County Administrator issued an Emergency Curfew Order at 8:11PM tonight in response to growing civil unrest that could potentially threaten the health, safety and welfare of the people of Broward County.
The curfew is in force 9PM Sunday, May 31 through 6AM Monday, June 1, but can be renewed at any time by the County Administrator over the next 7 days.
The Emergency Operations Center remains at a Level 2 activation, as it has been since the initiation of the Local State of Emergency declared by County Administrator Henry in response to COVID-19 on March 10.
During the curfew, no person is allowed to use any street or sidewalk in Broward County for any purpose, except for active duty police, fire rescue, first responders and medical, health care and utility service personnel.
Persons are permitted to travel directly to and from their home to their place of employment.
Residents are permitted to walk their dogs or other pets within 250 feet of their residences.
Broward County Code of Ordinances gives the County Administrator the authority to impose a general curfew applicable throughout the community while there is State of Local Emergency in effect.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch