WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: City of West Palm Beach Verbatim Advisory) — West Palm Beach Mayor Keith A. James has put in place a nighttime curfew starting at 9:00 p.m. tonight, May 31, 2020. The curfew is in effect, nightly, from 9:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m., for the next 72-hours, unless otherwise extended or terminated.
People are asked to peacefully disburse from any street in the City, including the downtown area. During curfew hours, people may travel to work.
“The public’s safety is my top priority, especially during this time of great unrest in cities nationwide,” said West Palm Beach Mayor Keith A. James. “The nighttime curfew is an additional tool to promote public safety in our city.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- WATCH Former Trump Campaign Official Get Tackled By Fort Lauderdale Police
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen