BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We just received the rundown of events that led to the hyper-charged video of cops attempting to stop a car at gunpoint near Mizner Park on Sunday afternoon (May 31, 2020).
The operation was completely Broward Sheriff’s Office — it started in Broward County.
Here is the official statement:
Shortly before 3 p.m. Sunday, May 31, a Broward Sheriff’s Office deputy attempted to complete a traffic stop on a silver Hyundai near the 800 block of South Ocean Drive in Deerfield Beach. The driver of the vehicle refused to stop and fled the scene. The vehicle was later spotted near the intersection of Southeast 2nd Street and 18th Avenue in Deerfield Beach where another traffic stop was attempted. The preliminary information we have is that during the second traffic stop the driver refused to stop, yet again, and intentionally rammed a BSO vehicle before attempting to strike another. A felony pursuit ensued into Boca Raton, and the vehicle subsequently came to a complete stop after crashing into two other vehicles in the area of Northeast Spanish River Boulevard and North Dixie Highway in Boca Raton. Boca Raton Fire Rescue paramedics responded and tended to the occupants involved in the crash. Deputies took the driver into custody. BSO detectives responded to continue the investigation.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed
- DEAD ROACHES FOUND IN BOCA RATON RESTAURANT
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students
- Boca Raton Mobile Home Destroyed Overnight In Blaze
- SWIMMING? These Area Pools Are Unsatisfactory, Says Health Dept.
- RESTRAINING DISABLED CHILDREN: PB Schools Set To Adopt Policy In Days
- TRAFFIC AHEAD: Expect Delays, Road Closures This Week In Palm Beach County