BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We just received the rundown of events that led to the hyper-charged video of cops attempting to stop a car at gunpoint near Mizner Park on Sunday afternoon (May 31, 2020).
The operation was completely Broward Sheriff’s Office — it started in Broward County.
Here is the official statement:
Shortly before 3 p.m. Sunday, May 31, a Broward Sheriff’s Office deputy attempted to complete a traffic stop on a silver Hyundai near the 800 block of South Ocean Drive in Deerfield Beach. The driver of the vehicle refused to stop and fled the scene. The vehicle was later spotted near the intersection of Southeast 2nd Street and 18th Avenue in Deerfield Beach where another traffic stop was attempted. The preliminary information we have is that during the second traffic stop the driver refused to stop, yet again, and intentionally rammed a BSO vehicle before attempting to strike another. A felony pursuit ensued into Boca Raton, and the vehicle subsequently came to a complete stop after crashing into two other vehicles in the area of Northeast Spanish River Boulevard and North Dixie Highway in Boca Raton. Boca Raton Fire Rescue paramedics responded and tended to the occupants involved in the crash. Deputies took the driver into custody. BSO detectives responded to continue the investigation.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive