BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Police across South Palm Beach County are aware of social media posts suggesting the possibility of protests today and tonight (June 1, 2020) in the region.
BocaNewsNow.com is not publishing specifics of rumors or intentionally perpetuating online gossip. However, in the interest of public safety, and after speaking with area police officials, we are comfortable reporting that social media posts are being monitored by authorities who are prepared to deal with any demonstrations that may occur.
Social media suggests demonstrations later in the day or this evening in South Palm Beach County and Northern Broward County cities and/or towns.
As of 11:51 a.m., there is no curfew called for Palm Beach County, or south Palm Beach County municipalities.
Broward and Miami-Dade Counties did enforce curfews Sunday night. Miami-Dade County, which was planning to open beaches today which have been closed due to COVID-19, announced their beaches will remain closed until further notice.
UPDATE 1:35 p.m: Boca PD has now issued this statement. Note: we were purposely not identifying specific police departments:
“We are aware of the information circulating about potential protests in our city today. @bocapolice are actively monitoring this activity and taking necessary precautions.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender