BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton’s Town Center Mall closed mid-day Monday amidst social media posts suggesting that a protest was planned for the mall Monday evening.
Boca Raton Police and other departments have been following social media throughout the day as posters claim potential protests in Boca Raton, Coral Springs, Parkland and other area locations.
BocaNewsNow.com first reported on the posts this morning but opted to not name locations or other specifics. Now that Town Center Mall has closed, we feel the need for a self-imposed “embargo” has been lifted.
Communities in Parkland and Boca Raton have been mentioned on social media as potential locations for nighttime protests.
Police throughout the area say they are preparing for what they would be, at most, peaceful demonstrations.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases